I've been a little distracted......

Andy - a15cro

I'm a[ologising to anyone who's been trying to contact me, the fact that I'm neglecting my forum, and my Westfield. Truth is I've been cheating...............

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

IMG_0178.PNG

• Like 3

Well preserved beast you have there, the noise of a V8 is quite intoxicating.  Of course, the price of petrol when that car was new was £0.24p per litre!

History for me. I had a 1999 Z28 for three years and a Corvette C6. It's the sound and the torque that gets people. They couldn't believe the pull at only 2,000 revs. Corners can be a problem.

The big block Corvette is even better but 9mpg is a challenge. I had a couple of Lexus V8's very different but so smooth.

• Thanks 1

1980 small block 350 V8, imported Feb 2016, just an itch I had to scratch. I'm trying to keep the Westfield, plus Anna is des[erate to do the next Stoneleigh, so good enough excuse for me. ;) 

Well done, really great buy. It's good to have the choice of motors. Chalk and cheese.

9 hours ago, Route66 said:

Well done, really great buy. It's good to have the choice of motors. Chalk and cheese.

Can you explain that to my wife please, she has no soul! 

My stance which still works today for me.

I dont drink , smoke or watch football. I dont have the money to chase women as I spent it all on cars, nor do I have the energy as I am in the garage fixing them, so you always know where I am :d 

She is still here but I think she is bored of my excuse now and just says "Yes dear" ,now off you go to play in the garage !  Result.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Should have realised something was going on with all the Camaro posts on Facebook. Nice looking car, but to be honest, I always prefered the earlier ones. 

camp-1104-01-o+1972-chevy-camaro-z28+front-right.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice!

My Westfield IS my cheating car...

My long term project is a Lexus V8 powered Hilux Surf. An odd combination of cars, but oddly, the chap I bought the Westfield off also has one!

At the risk of changing this to a US car website here was mine. Registration did confuse with V10 on a V8. I agree with Robin the older ones, much older than mine are better. A friend has the new one and his party trick is to start the car from the key fob outside the car, then switch the exhaust to sports mode using a different fob. Really frightened my grand-daughter. 

Camaro small.jpg

I'm over in the states at present and been to a couple of local cars and coffee type meets and I must say my urge to build a 50s pickup has well and truly resurfaced. I've even been looking at local for sale ads on line. 

Must resist.....

This is what I had a few weeks ago on holiday. An awesome fire breathing machine. 

IMG_0416.JPG

IMG_0415.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0439.JPG