I'm no longer a Westie owner. :(

noggin

It's a sad day but the Westfield had to move on. I'd owned it for two years and drove about 2000 miles in it. However my health is not as good as it was and so the car isn't getting much use. I'm happy I scratched a long standing Westfield itch which started about 5 yrs ago following a passenger ride at an Asda charity day.

You all seem a decent bunch of guys and gals and I hope you all continue to enjoy your cars. I know it'll tweek my heartstrings when I see one of you driving around. I just need to decide what my next toy will be - I'm thinking 997 :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A sad day indeed but great you got to scratch that itch and achieve a personal goal - that's what life is all about. 

I too have a Porsche itch, I really want a 911 50th Anniversary - that's pretty much my dream car, but have been willing to settle for a 996 Carrera 4. I've been looking at those for a year now and prices are definitely on the rise. A nice early 911T would be lovely too! 

We have a MK1 mx5 as our sunny day fun car and bang for buck wise it's incredible. I wouldn't mind replacing it with a Boxster though, a 2.7 is around the £3k mark now and an S can be had for not a lot more. I'm thinking that might be the least expensive way to scratch the itch.

Whatever you do, keep us informed! As I'm thinking about my life beyond westy ownership I'm really intrigued to hear what you do next.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you will be going all sensible soon.

To be honest and also because of health reasons, I'm starting to find driving one is tough and full on ownership including spannering is even tougher (thankfully I got amazing help with that).

When I first got him, 6 hours behind the wheel was nothing, current limit is about an hour. And this shows the difference with a tin top, I did 4 hours in the DD yesterday and felt better when I got out.

Everybody here will be happy you scratched that itch - good luck..! :yes:

@John K I'm not sure about sensible -there's still a Suzuki GSXR1000 in the shed!!

I found everything about the Westfield tiring. The mile walk to the lockup! The spannering and the driving. Then the walk home. I had some great help with the spannering from a neighbour but he's moved away now and I'm useless at anything like that. The Suzuki is even more tiring but at least it's at home not a mile away and it's useful for popping into the city centre! I think the bike will be going soon. Also a shame as it only has 1500 miles from new and is spotless.

I change my mind everyday on what to go for next - today I'm thinking a 997 is a bit too ostentatious for the area I live in and it'll get scratched and abused.