Day 1 of the NC500.

Murraymint

Weather wasn't great when we headed off, but as we headed north it was better...just before Inverness we stopped and for some reason the battery was dead...guy stopped and asked if he could help and when home  and get jump leads and a battery meter...We got it going and headed to Halfords for a new battery...funny the guy at Halfords said, I'll fit the battery and when he seen it, maybe not never seen a kitcar before, so out with the spanners then on the road to Tongue.....

• Like 4

Enjoy the drive round Loch Eriboll.

Thats my favourite place in the world.

• Like 2

IIRC it was Summer 1981 when I cycled from Durness to Tongue youth hostels and cycled into gale force winds in bottom gear (33 inch) heading south down the side of Loch Eriboll but then was able to use top gear, with the wind at my back, heading north up the other side of the Loch.

Fantastic scenery when the weather behaves.

• Like 3

Have a great trip, love it up there. 

• Like 1