Skoda Bolero Infotainment Issue

Kevin (Mr T)

As there are clearly other Skoda advocates on the forum, has anyone had an issue with the infotainment system.

This morning, the Bolero on my 2014 Octavia is completely dead. Not just blank, as I had on my early vRS, just dead. No music, no hands free, nada! Great when you spend most of the day driving.

If anyone has, what was the prognosis/solution?

Does it have a fuse?

29 minutes ago, terry everall said:

Does it have a fuse?

My first thought, but if i sit in the car and press the on/off button continuously, it will come on without warning, but once off, it's anybodies guess when it might light up again. 

Rules out the fuse though.

Could stil be a bad fuse (contacts corroded ) or a loose wire somewhere 

Bollero system is all tied in with the ECU for anti theft purpose afaik , have you changed anything or added any gizmos that could upset it ?

You could try a cold re set ( disconnect battery for a few mins and re connect )  essential you have  the code ?

otherwise its a dealer thing to sort out , hope its something and nothing but be prepared to empty your wallet 

Apparently there is a soft re set if yu press and hold the power button in for 15 secs ! 

36 minutes ago, pistonbroke said:

Apparently there is a soft re set if yu press and hold the power button in for 15 secs ! 

Thanks for the info.

Nothing added, no.

I think the soft reset only works if it thinks it is on, not dead as it appears to be!

I will check to make sure I have the code and try disconnecting the  battery, certainly worth a go.

Not sure what powers what, but the bit in the glove box is dead, as it won't eject the CD that's in it. Also, the USB port on the centre console, below the head unit, is dead, as in it is not charging anything connected to it.

Four hours in the car this morning listening to myself coughing and breathing!

1 hour ago, pistonbroke said:

Thanks, that's quite interesting. I was thinking control box rather than head unit. Will try to get "keys" to remove the unit and check the cable connections.

Thanks for taking the time to find that thread.

There's normally loads on eBay. Might be easier just to swap it out? 

Hell of a faff, but managed to get the control box out and disconnected. Re-fitted the plugs and away it went.

Saved me a few quid! 

:d

• Like 1