Broken down - Spun bearing

Quinten

41 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:
eBay item number:
Theres a couple on ebay for sale. I would chip in a tenner to help Quinten get on the road and sure many others would too ?

Count me in :t-up:

Be rude not to :yes:

........even though this is all down to the sacrifice of a Mighty Crossflow!

Yep, I'll chip in as well - that's what this club is about.  One for all and all for one.  We do not stand idly by when our friends are in need.  Let's get this sorted. :t-up: 

• Like 2

At this rate Q will have a sufficient fighting fund to get a real engine... :getmecoat:

• Like 1

It could still be a bolt loose on the clutch hitting the bell housing each turn... or something to do with the starter.    Guessing noises via recordings I'm not sure is all that scientific. 

I fitted a different engine to my camper.   It was a hard to start.   The starter struggled to turn it over.  When it started it made the same big end sound.  . 30s later the noise it was fine.  There was ally swarf on the floor after... It turned out it was part of the clutch plate hitting the bell housing until clearance was made.  

Although a stiff engine ( hard to turn over with starter) followed by knocking does sound bad news.

happy to contribute...

46 minutes ago, John K said:

At this rate Q will have a sufficient fighting fund to get a real engine... :getmecoat:

S2000 maybe a squeeze in there John :p

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:
eBay item number:
Theres a couple on ebay for sale. I would chip in a tenner to help Quinten get on the road and sure many others would too ?

Happy to contribute to help fellow Ford engined member:t-up:

I'm just guessing, but I think Quinten Uijldert doesn't actually want any help. I offered him a complete working zetec 1.8 in this thread and didn't even get an acknowledgement never mind a reply. He could have had it for less than has already been offered in donations, but hey who am I to stand between a man and his desire for a Crossflow. :( 

6 hours ago, KennyP said:

I'm just guessing, but I think Quinten Uijldert doesn't actually want any help. I offered him a complete working zetec 1.8 in this thread and didn't even get an acknowledgement never mind a reply. He could have had it for less than has already been offered in donations, but hey who am I to stand between a man and his desire for a Crossflow. :( 

Quinten isn't married to the forums - he was last on the forums about 6:30 last night and is totally unaware of the financial offers we started last night after that, so let's not jump to conclusions.  Considering what he's got on his plate at the moment, plus the fact he has a real life as well, he will no doubt be delighted when he logs in again and reads this thread.  

• Like 4

After all the trials and tribulations of the upgrade from crossflow to Zetec I'm guessing it's a case of "sick to my stomach" right now. I know I'd be gutted and probably not particularly bothered about checking messages/forum for a bit.

• Like 2

Couldn't someone get a message to him that the offer to help is there?

It might give him a bit of a lift.