Exhaust

snowy892

Well the cat looks like it's probably ok, because the HC is close, but your problem is the lean lambda reading. This might be caused by something simple like an exhaust leak or might be more difficult to diagnose. Do you know if your lambda sensor is actually being used, because that should hold lambda equal to 1 on the idle tests?

The truth is I don't know lol. However I do have it booked in at northampton motorsport next week. Hopefully I will get an answer.

• Like 1

Hi,

What silencer are you using? I have the same issues at MOt every year, the poor lambda reading isn't a leak on my system, but I have the carbon silencer from Westfield, and the problem is that the silencer sucks fresh air in the silencer and the reading is false. If I put a cloth at the end of the silencer my lambda reading is ok. Also if the hose from the analyzer isn't all in the silencer the reading can be false.

Hope this helps

Good news at last. It's past it's MOT. 

A bit of tinkering with fuel mixture on the mapping side sorted the problem. 

Thank you northampton motorsport. 

• Like 2

Good news, does it feel better generally after a session at NMS?

It was running pretty smooth before hand. they've tweaked the fuel emissions so its all legal without compromising the performance. Great run back to Norfolk though!!

Must say, all staff were very helpful and polite. Even got shown around the workshop. (spotless)

I think I will be taking it there in future for MOT's.

• Like 1

Plus one on getting it nice and hot. Your not far off on there. 

Trick used on when i had Jap turbo stuff if you where close. 

On 6/14/2017 at 21:43, Mole said:

Good to hear of another Duratec  in Norfolk...

On 6/14/2017 at 21:43, Mole said:

Where abouts are You?

On 6/16/2017 at 05:20, Mole said:

King's Lynn.... And we have Rorys dad in Fakenham..

I've been out with Martin aka (rorys dad) today, A good drive around north Norfolk. He started a car enthusiasts club. If you're interested? 

Hi

Would have joined you too.. but was collecting my trailer yesterday... I did meet up with Martin and others a week or two ago.. a nice fun group of people..and of course Martin knows some great places to go!

I am just trying to sort some issues with my Dash2 .. then hope to do Snetterton a week on Monday...

h

On 14/06/2017 at 21:43, Mole said:

And another here!

IMG_3107.JPG

Would be good if we had a meet up..swaffham quite central... I am booked in on track day at snetterton Monday 26th in case any one passing..