Hants & Wilts to Stoneliegh

Ross (Rosshbar)

1 minute ago, Thrustyjust said:

Looking like I wont make it now, as burst a coolant hose this morning and struggling to get a hose to fit :(

Get the duck tape out mate

Which hose?

Hose from the inlet to the throttle body. Some pillock had the jubilee clamp on the filter pipe too close and it seems to have flexed hitting a bump and cut the hose. Its an 8mm hose , but needs coolant type. Going to a mates workshop shortly for a rummage. Got to dry out the alternator too, as it filled that up .

20170429_103633.thumb.jpg.47f2df6e1e25b84274433a29fa33bf8f.jpg

Iv prob got that hose in the loft mate if you want to borrow it

• Like 1

Thanks Tom, we are more worried about the alternator , as we can potentially  botch some hose. We are going to strip it and check it doesnt short out as the water just filled it as is right above the leak !! Right , off the the workshop

• Like 1

Good luck mate, as hoping to meet up as I'm coming up with Rossbar.

Mart.

50 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Thanks Tom, we are more worried about the alternator , as we can potentially  botch some hose. We are going to strip it and check it doesnt short out as the water just filled it as is right above the leak !! Right , off the the workshop

I'm sure it will be fine. Just blow it out as much as you can with an airline and then perhaps finish off with a blow dry! I'm sure I've used fuel hose for my radiator bleed to coolant tank. Mine has been soaked numerous times due to my various coolant system tweaks etc.

• Like 2

Just wanted to say thanks for the warm welcome today gents, and great to meet you all. William and I really enjoyed our first Stoneleigh experience, lots to see and many people to chat with. 

For those staying on tomorrow, hope you have a great day. 

Martin. 

• Like 2

It was nice to meet you guys as well, plus you have a stunning car. 

If you can make it to our monthy meeting, you can meet some mute friendly people