700Bhp/Tonne

Bananaman

Just don't let Tiff drive it  :arse:

FWIW, it wasn't actually Tiff's fault that it broke on TG - the front engine had been assembled wrongly, with the oil pickup pipe "pointing" the wrong way, ie forwards.

When the car accelerated and the oil slopped to the back of the sump, the pickup sucked air and it went POP!

This is what Chris (Allanson of ZCars) told me...

Originally he thought it was Tiff's driving at fault, but when Chris stripped the engine for parts he found that it had been assembled wrong.....

I always wondered wether they got that thing to handle with engines driving each end independantly. ???

Last i heard was they had developed a traction control system to make it go around corners, without it ISTR,  it was near impossible to negotiate a track.

:0  :(  :t-up:

Anybody seen/heard of it on circuit maybe even competition.

:cool:

Tim D, I presume your beast drives the rear wheels only  :)

:p  :D

Complicated system of Motec traction control limiting drive I believe. Still a work in progress (they're basically designing an active diff in software from what I can work out).

I always wondered wether they got that thing to handle with engines driving each end independantly. ???

Last i heard was they had developed a traction control system to make it go around corners, without it ISTR,  it was near impossible to negotiate a track.

:0  :(  :t-up:

Anybody seen/heard of it on circuit maybe even competition.

:cool:

Tim D, I presume your beast drives the rear wheels only  :)

:p  :D

It was handling pretty well, according to Chris anyway. Allegedly came very close to breaking curborough lap record or something (what class record I don't know though).

GeeFin's right, it did have a complex electronic centre diff, which was seup by the MoTec people who supplied all the electronics and dash etc.

Think Chris has mainly turned his attentions to the bike engined minis now - although TBH I haven't spoken to him in a long while..

Yup, mine is RWD. The extra cost of the 4WD one was pretty enormous when I built mine - about an extra 10-15k on top, by the time you'd bought more expensive engines, 2 ATB diffs, and all the fancy electronics. Plus to use it on track seriously it would have needed 2 drysumps!  :0

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.