Anyone planning on driving to France

Sparkymart

Only says Lyon, Paris and Grenoble although we sometimes go to Paris. Be going to LM this year too, but we'll just ignore all the French laws like every other year :t-up:

• Like 2

I'm exempt as I don't have a windscreen to display the required sticker in :p

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as they remember about Le man's that they don't include a town on the list on all the routes from the ferries and not give us the time to get tickets. Think of the revenue that would bring in...? 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Only says Lyon, Paris and Grenoble although we sometimes go to Paris. Be going to LM this year too, but we'll just ignore all the French laws like every other year :t-up:

The way i read it is that all cars must display it irrespective of where you are in France, only the cities mentioned will monitor/bar certain vehicles on certain days though, if i were going i'd get one, for the sake of £3 odd.

I guess the only way to determine which category a car falls into is look up a typical engine donor vehicle?

The motoring in Europe advice sites that I've read are only advising to get them for those three cities, currently.

Have a go here .... (there is an english translation if you click on the UK flag top right corner, but it soon reverts to French !!)

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/fr/simulation

I think I can get one for a non Euro emmision car registered in 2002 but tried a few earlier dates for when my actual engine was made (1992) and it says I can't have one :o

I doubt for one minute they've though about "kit cars" - it looks like anything old will not be allowed in those cites - but what then happens in the rest of France? (I assume you don't need one but it certainly isn't very clear).

Beurocracy - don't you just love it :down:

I have just done it. I found i needed to use Firefox browser rather than safari as it does just keep reverting to French on Safari.

I didn't put down the Euro emission as it is not essential info!! So left it blank.

Just put down Westfield as 'brand', and charged the pricey sum of Euro 4.8.

No idea if it will turn up, but will let you know.

Probably will be treated like the breathalyser requirements some years before?

Andy

Having read this http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/

It looks like you only need it to visit the 3 cities mentioned.

OK so I now need a sticker but first a windscreen?  Don't think I'll bother then :d

• Like 1

I wounder if the ferry companies will sell them on the boat at a huge mark up, but at least you know you will have one.! 

Just really to see what happened I tested their system and for my Duratec Westie 2005 I was given an orange disc with number 3 on it!

which surprised me as I thought it would be worse than that. 

Andy