Member over from the dark side

Alan France

Hello from a very new member.

Ordered the FW Special Edition Kit of bits with 2L Zetec yesterday for delivery close to 1st of June. Moved over from the dark side as previous "fun cars" were 1999 Camaro Z28 and 2005 Corvette C6, which I broke.

Many moons ago I completed a Dutton Phaeton and Dutton Rachero. Also part completed and sold a KVA GT40 (those were the days) and a Dax Cobra.

Missed building things so back for more punishment, now retired so at least I have plenty of time.

Lots of question are on the way.

Alan

• Like 4

Hello and Welcome to a fellow Bucks denizen - I'm between High Wycombe and Princes Risborough. My Westfield was built by someone else than me, and is 1993 vintage, so I have little to offer but best wishes. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Others with more knowledge than I have will be along shortly.

:ww: welcome from Essex and good luck with the build!

:ww: from the Thames Valley region. We meet at The Bird in Hand at Knowl Hill on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 12:00. Not to far from you  so please do come along, we're a friendly bunch and i'm sure lots of advise will be available.

Welcome to another local Plenty of builds on here for help and inspiration. See you at the BIH monthly meet for the next monthly meet :ww:

Welcome and enjoy the build

:ww:

And don't forget a build diary on this forum. 

They can save you time and money as no matter what your stuck on someone on here will help. 

:ww: enjoy the build!

Thanks for all the welcome messages. I can't make the next Thames Valley meet as I have a Corvette club committee meeting that day. I'm still involved with the dark side as Merchandise Secretary but will be stepping down at the AGM in June to concentrate on my build. I know the bird in hand well, Corvette Thames Valley meets at the Novello just down the road.

I've spent a few hours reading the IVA rules, interesting stuff. I don't expect too many problems with the standard kit but want to go for a digital dash and a few other changes, so need to be careful.

Alan

:ww: Sounds like you've plenty of experience of car building. Can highly recommend a build thread. You'll find plenty of help and advice on here, I'm a beginner and finding the the help and suggestions are invaluable. Enjoy.