Garage clear out

juansolo

Jules might be interested in the windscreen and/or pillars (if they don't have a mirror attachment.

He doesn't know that he might be interested yet though

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• juansolo

• timd

• will maskell

• xflow

There are some holes tapped into one set of pillars where the SPA mirrors were bolted on.  Don't think there's any in the other pair.

Window is in good nick and crack free, could do with a blummin good clean though.

any chance of a few more pics of car! www.westfieldsew@yahoo.co.uk

You have mail.

There are also a s***load of Westie pics in general dotted all over my BaT gallery.

Here

Like the new aeroscreen  - looks better than the OEM one - where did it come from?

It was a one off made for me by Paul.  It based on a copy of a JPE perspex screen except it's shorter and GRP (sadly it just didn't work in carbon).  We measured it all up and crossed our fingers it would fit.  It's pretty close to spot on on my narrow but the larger one we did sadly didn't work on a wide :(  It'll fit a Caterham though so it *might* go on a pre-lit.

With a little bit of fettling I reckon the narrow one could be spot for sale.  Especially seeing as no one out there caters for us SE/SEi owners when it comes to 'screens.

I'm chuffed to bits with the results, we'll see how it holds up.  Don't think it'll be an issue as Cleggy fibreglassed some additional mounts to it and it's rock solid.

Just got to get Paul to cut down my SPA centre mirror and get that fitted and it'll be done.

Righty measurements!

The wheels is a mooosive 13x8J !!!

Filter is:

43.5 long

14.7 high

13 deep

ITG logo is the right way around if it's on the passenger side of the car.

There are some holes tapped into one set of pillars where the SPA mirrors were bolted on.  Don't think there's any in the other pair.

Window is in good nick and crack free, could do with a blummin good clean though.

He'll definately be interested then. Probably.

Ah!  Didn't know that, that would've saved me a lot of hassle.  b*******it!  :blush:

Edit - Though you do only mention widebody cars on your site, it's not apparent that you do them for narrow also.

Looks  :t-up:

Yup, just realised that!  :blush:  Although TBH, it's only really starting to become apparent that the screens fit both cars.

I think they'll fit on narrow and wide cars, but not pre-lits..  :)

I would have thought it needed to be smaller?  Shouldn't be too difficult to take it out of the middle as we did.  I *think* we took 31mm out, can't remember exactly, but then that was out of a screen designed for a Caterham...  I know the resulting ickle screen wouldn't fit on my brothers wide though.

Put it this way then ;) - it fits fine on my widebody car (along with lots of others) and also fits well on at least 2 narrow cars. I think Barney's is a narrow car, as is Graham Young's shown here. (don't have any closer pics, sorry)

I think the difference is, with the JPE type screens where you essentially have an angled plane of perspex cut at the bottom to fit the scuttle, you have no scope to flex the screen to fit, and would have to alter the trimmed edges to take up the differing scuttle widths. :(

With mine which are shaped, rather than cut IYSWIM, you can just pull the corners down. The 'screens need fixing at the corners anyway so there's no real problem. In fact I have now started to alter the layup slightly to allow for this flexing, making it easier to do. :)

FWIW, the best fitted screen I've seen so far was Barney's, and I'm 90% sure his car is narrow.  :t-up:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.