Carbon Fibre Boot lid

snowy892

Hi

I'm after a company to build/make me a carbon fibre boot lid and fit it, preferably in east Anglia. Has anyone got any details of companies that could possibly do this? something similar to  he picture.

Thank you.

Regards

Richard

boot lid.jpg

You could try your local motorsports place.

I know these guys are not far from you and have done a lot of work with fibreglass in the past. https://www.mossmotorsport.co.uk

1 hour ago, snowy892 said:

Hi

I'm after a company to build/make me a carbon fibre boot lid and fit it, preferably in east Anglia. Has anyone got any details of companies that could possibly do this? something similar to  he picture.

Thank you.

Regards

Richard

boot lid.jpg

Hi Richard, did you make the one you have in the photo?

I'm afraid not. Found it on the Internet lol. However it's exactly what I'm after. 

21 hours ago, Jim G said:

Hi Richard, did you make the one you have in the photo?

Just so you know, the one you've linked to is actually wood covered in DiNoc Fibre wrap (think it was MDF from memory), and a great job he did too. 

Here's the link.

http://markswesty.weebly.com/may-2013.html

Kenton,

What 'items' do you use to keep the removable centre in place. It looks very by the way.

Regards

Richard

14 hours ago, TableLeg said:

Just so you know, the one you've linked to is actually wood covered in DiNoc Fibre wrap (think it was MDF from memory), and a great job he did too. 

Here's the link.

http://markswesty.weebly.com/may-2013.html

That does indeed look interesting and a fine job.

I made one out of plywood - painted not covered in wrap, I did think of MDF but was a little concerned about it's long term "damp-proof-ness" though I guess you can seal it before covering it. Nice thing about MDF is it's easy to work with and surprisingly light. I finally replaced my plywood one with a complete box / lid from AA Composites on here but I'm not sure he's still making things.   

21 hours ago, snowy892 said:

Kenton,

What 'items' do you use to keep the removable centre in place. It looks very by the way.

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard.

The front of the removable section has a pair of slots in it that slide under an ally collar on the seat belt mount

The rear is held down and in place with these Dzus slide fasteners.

Kenton

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG