Are you ashamed of anything you've just done..?

John K

They are Billy Connelly quotes

In 1976 I went shopping with a mate and bought a pair of "Oxford Bags" which for the youngsters on here were trousers that were in fashion. But these were 36" bottoms with a 9 button waistband in a light blue.

I thought I looked cool but the reality was when walking through Doncaster in a slight wind catching sight of myself if a shop window with all this material flapping around my legs as I walked was a shame I a can never live down. I feel the shame just like it was yesterday.

My mum made cushion covers out of them which made my shame last even longer as they were always there.

• Like 1

I had a pair of purple loons (very wide bottoms and very tight top). If I stood still they settled around my feet such that my shoes were totally hidden! They went with a purple floral pattern shirt with tie made from the same material and a black Regency style corduroy jacket. These days that ensemble would elicit wolf-whistles from brickies an hod carriers! Then, though, it was cooool... :getmecoat:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

I had a pair of purple loons (very wide bottoms and very tight top). If I stood still they settled around my feet such that my shoes were totally hidden! They went with a purple floral pattern shirt with tie made from the same material and a black Regency style corduroy jacket. These days that ensemble would elicit wolf-whistles from brickies an hod carriers! Then, though, it was cooool... :getmecoat:

Or was memories of seeing these flared monstrosities when I was a child in the seventies that caused me horror when (not quite so extreme) flares actually came back in a decade or so later. And given that we've just had skinny jeans back "in" does that mean the flared horror will be descending on us again?

I'm feeling petty ashamed right now...

There is an epic PS4 game coming out on the 1st March.

I've pre-ordered it and wazzed an extra £60 to get the Collectors edition. And that's not the bad bit.

I've booked the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off work to play it.

I'm nearly 50 and supposedly a responsible adult...

:oops: :getmecoat: ...