Westfield Parts Department

Snappy

See things are moving in the right direction.

All the items I requested from Westfield were not in stock but bought in.

Westfield listened to my requests responded and beat the stated waiting/build times all items received in time for the xmas break.

Super job.....:yes::yes:

• Like 3

Hi,

Being a non-UK Member and a total UK fan things are more difficult, for Christmas I wanted to make me a a gift and ordering a Westfield beanie, gloves and a mug. I asked the shipping costs for France in the shop, 24 pounds.... !! quite expensive. I rebuild several cars and ordered the parts or other items from a lot of UK shops, but never had the shipping costs higher than the items.

Another good happy customer with them recently. Ordered a propshaft and engine mounts off them was sent same day recieved the next day. Cant complain with there service recently 

8 minutes ago, petzzii said:

Hi,

Being a non-UK Member and a total UK fan things are more difficult, for Christmas I wanted to make me a a gift and ordering a Westfield beanie, gloves and a mug. I asked the shipping costs for France in the shop, 24 pounds.... !! quite expensive. I rebuild several cars and ordered the parts or other items from a lot of UK shops, but never had the shipping costs higher than the items.

£24 - outrageous, unless it was guaranteed 24 hr delivery? 

Hi Yanto,

I don't know if it was 24hrs delivery, but if I compare to CBS where I ordered a lot, the shipping costs were really low for heavier parcels. And they were all delivered in 48hrs.

When I ordered other parts in the Westfield Parts shop, the shipping costs were ok for the weight of the parcels, but all this money to have a pair of gloves an a beanie, I think I must wait until my next UK visit...:down:

Get them sent to me and I'll forward them on if you like. I'll post to France for a very reasonable £23. 

Seriously though, happy to do it, i'd be very surprised if its any more than £10. 

• Like 1

Did you speak to them in parts or just put in in your shopping cart ? , there is a note :

SHIPPING NOTE:

The shopping cart will not generally charge the correct shipping amount for overseas buyers so we may contact you after the order is placed to verify your shipping charge, this is to ensure we charge you the correct amount based on the weight of your order.

Hi Julian,

Yes, that's why I contacted the parts shop, when I saw the costs in the shopping card, and they confirmed that it was the correct amount and only way to ship to France.

I know from past experience sending parts abroad can be expensive , although I would have thought that it would have been probably around £12-£15 from past experiences , which is why I assumed wrongly that you may not have had a confirmed price and remembering what I had seen on their site before

I sent a medium sized heavy car cover to Germany in a big box for £10 via Parcels2go . Arrived in a couple of days ............... So not always expensive. From WSC they get deals from parcel carriers and use them. Perhaps ask them to box it and you arrange collection via a company like parcels2go. There is no real allegiance for them, as you pick who you want.  

Wouldn't Westfield just use one particular courier, and that is just the price the courier charges?  It's all good that you can use Parcel2go as a punter, but a business usually only deals with one courier service.

Shipping abroad is expensive,  a comparison with other vendor, both with courier and tracking UK-Sweden, both equally quick (door to door in 4-5 days)

PlaysKool - MSA Roll Bar, bulky/heavy - shipping cost £30

Westfield Part shop - Half Hood - shipping cost £55

Westfield Part shop - Carbon Silencer - shipping cost £61

One has the option to choose snail mail without tracking, but then you take on the whole risk if something happens, perpaps ok for a beanie, but not for expensive parts