Sinister goings on?

Captain Colonial

So I took the dogs for a walk today and passed by a new housing development going up nearby on an old brownfield site, which is great overall.

Or is it?

Observe this artwork adorning the temporary construction fencing - looks charming, doesn't it?  The sort of place you'd like to visit or maybe even live.

IMG_0058.JPG

But let's take a closer look, starting on the left.

IMG_0064.JPG

A happy young couple pushing a prom.  Nothing unusual there.  Apart from the teddy bear in the bottom of the pram, which begs a few questions: Why is the teddy bear not in the pram?  Is the child in the pram being punished?  Is there actually a child in the pram at all?  Maybe these two happy people are actually using the pram to steal babies and the teddy to entice them and keep them quiet.  Lots of questions, but I'm sure you'll agree it's very odd and suspicious.

But I digress.

Let's move on to the next bit of the image, a child on a swing:

IMG_0063.JPG

Why on Earth is this child on a swing five foot up in the air?  What sick mind installed the swing that high up?  More importantly, how did the child get up there?  Who put the child up there and then left it there?  Is the child about to jump into the pram as it passes by?  This is very disturbing in my books.

But I digress.

Time to consider the lovely dog:

IMG_0062.JPG

That's definitely not how dogs walk or run.  Is it trying to evolve into a higher life form by walking on its hind legs?  Is there something dangerous in the pavement the dog is trying to avoid?  Or is the dog evil, rabid, or about to attack?

We soon get our answer:

IMG_0061.JPG

It's attacking the cyclist! Bad dog! Naughty dog!  It's going to jump the cyclist from behind!

What could possibly drive a dog to do this horrible thing in such a nice new neighbourhood?

IMG_0060.JPG

Because the cyclist is about to run over some ducklings!  Look at him go - head down, pedalling like mad straight at them.  What a scumbag!  And what are Momma and Papa Duck doing while their children are about to be flattened?  Just staring at each other - stupid quackers  The dog will probably eat the soon-to-be duckling pancakes after he rips the cyclist's throat out.

On reflection, I've decided that if this is the sort of thing that will be going on, then this new neighbourhood is someplace I should probably avoid.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

On reflection, I've decided that if this is the sort of thing that will be going on, then this new neighbourhood is someplace I should probably avoid.

Good Lord Man, there's probably something else you should consider avoiding before actually going out into the real world :d

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andy Banks - WSCC Shows and Events Coordinator said:

Good Lord Man, there's probably something else you should consider avoiding before actually going out into the real world :d

Being a committee member? 

3 minutes ago, Yanto said:

I suspect this thread is going to be locked down soon, or the dear Chairman is :d

You won't be laughing when children on high swings fall on your head and murderous upright dogs are roaming the streets.

Or hit by low flying prams. It is clearly levitating several inches above the ground.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Welly Jen said:

Or hit by low flying prams. It is clearly levitating several inches above the ground.

Oh my God...you're right!  Maybe the baby in the pram has sinister powers and is making the pram levitate!  Well done Jen, you see the dangers as well!  This just gets worse and worse!

If my experience with new build developments is anything to go by, those are all the modes of transport they will be promoting on the development.  That means, half a parking space shared with the neighbour, very wide pavements so everyone parks on them and a bus stop in the high street which if you're unlucky, can't get past until he got everyone on/off as some residents like to park on the opposite side of them on the public road.

Yes, I really love the area I live :cry:

If the fence is so weird and is there to hide what's going on behind just imagine how disturbing that must be.

As the developer is ORBIT HOMES maybe this is going to be a space station

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terry everall said:

As the developer is ORBIT HOMES maybe this is going to be a space station

That explains the hovering pram, elevated swing and weird dog. Zero-G.

Plus the bike has no lights - no bell and no mudgaurds

The rider , who appears to be in the nude, (apart from wearing a flat cap) is obviously from up't north . Ilkley Yorks for sure,  Is he lost ?

perhaps his new contact lenses are faulty , there's more to this than meets the eye !

No chain on the bike either... He is Clive Sinclair and I claim my five bob! :rolleyes:

Congratulations one and all...... you've proved the Nemesis theory that sanity is just way too overrated.

Merry Christmas one and all

Nem.......

• Like 1