Peak District Run Out, Sun 18th Dec

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow at 10.30am. If the weather is kind to us we will go and do the Square Route of Buxton with lunch at the Peak View Tea Rooms. I do believe that the Cat and Fiddle pub is still closed, this is the nearest alternative and the views are just as good.

The long term weather forecast is that high pressure is building for the weekend giving brighter, drier conditons than we have currently, fingers crossed.

Anyone possibly coming?

I think the roaring fire and the bacon butties are calling so we will be there :d Shame about the Cat and Fiddle but the tea rooms are very good too!

• Like 2

Would be there, but throttle bodies are off on their winter holidays at the moment! (Should be collected today hopefully). 

The tea rooms are excellent, and were sadly overlooked for years, but boy do I miss the C&F; it just helped to punctuate so many great runs out in the Peaks, with a coffee/tea stop and either a warm up inside, or kicking tyres with the other four and two wheeled petrol heads in the car park. 

• Like 1

I have the will but no radiator as yet...........

• Like 1

Going on the Saturday Yorkshire Dales run, so definitely won't make this one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IanK said:

I have the will but no radiator as yet...........

I know the feeling, ITB's still awaiting collection... (to be fair, they did say Tuesday or Wednesday).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

I know the feeling, ITB's still awaiting collection... (to be fair, they did say Tuesday or Wednesday).

Which week :p If I remember correctly, you opened your Xmas present early last year, perhaps you'll have no choice this year  :cry:

Yes i will be there.. 10.30..10.30 10.30.

• Like 1

Ten, as in 1 0, the bit that is 1 hour after 9.30, that's the one. Now, Glen is wondering which tyre combination you will be having this weekend :laugh: Trevor.

The good news is that we have a new place to go afterwards which nicely sits on the A515, with a real fire and does coffee and mince pies.

11 hours ago, Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO said:

Ten, as in 1 0, the bit that is 1 hour after 9.30, that's the one. Now, Glen is wondering which tyre combination you will be having this weekend :laugh: Trevor.

The good news is that we have a new place to go afterwards which nicely sits on the A515, with a real fire and does coffee and mince pies.

The car has been reconfigured from the nascar oval config. It's a bit difficult on left hand bends now..???

R1Rs all the same size will fix it.

• Like 2

Sorry ladies & gents ... we are still looking after the kids so won't be able to make tomorrow.

Have a great time and make sure there are plenty of pics :-)

• Like 1

Have a good one!

After yesterday's Dales Run tempted to try and join you....

But couldn't miss the Mother in Law's Birthday meal (especially being a very nice MIL :) )

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

But couldn't miss the Mother in Law's Birthday meal (especially being a very nice MIL :)

What are you after for Christmas then?