Nico Rosberg retirement

Sparkymart

Not his best fan either, but sounds like he's achieved all he wants and now wants to enjoy his family. Respect due for that. 

Best time to get out, why risk your life when you've achieved your dreams?

And he'll know he's not likely to win it again!

New Regs

Hamilton will not likely let Rosberg in a 2nd time

Other better drivers may also be in competitive cars

• Like 1

It is a surprise. I have no idea quite what to draw from it at the moment. Except that he is a family man and father now, and perhaps it's a responsible thing to do. 

Must admit I've found both Rosberg and Hamilton irksome in different ways - but have to respect Nico and his decision - family man etc. Also suspect he was getting tired of the constant battles and arguments with Hamilton and no doubt next year would have been the same.

I wonder who Mercedes will get to replace him though? Someone willing to play second fiddle or another potential / existing world champion?

Come on Jenson, this would be a perfect seat for you :d  

22 minutes ago, tisme said:

Must admit I've found both Rosberg and Hamilton irksome in different ways - but have to respect Nico and his decision - family man etc. Also suspect he was getting tired of the constant battles and arguments with Hamilton and no doubt next year would have been the same.

I wonder who Mercedes will get to replace him though? Someone willing to play second fiddle or another potential / existing world champion?

Come on Jenson, this would be a perfect seat for you :d  

I was wondering how long Max's contract with redbull is that would give Lewis something to moan about lol

• Like 1

I applaud him. He seemed very sure of what he was doing and what better way to do it than at the top of your sport. Some people go on too long and fade away into a shadow of their former self.

• Like 1

Sorry but I don't buy this family man crap.... plenty of people do way more dangerous stuff or have to work away. I hope it's simply he's won this so he's off to win something else. 

Same level of disdain for arguments that he won't win again or nothing to prove etc. How about proving doing it again and mashing hamilton into the ground. None of this winning by 5 points do it by 50.... 

I don't think he's scared or hasn't got it in him or isn't that good blah blah. He's got a reason. Why not take a vastly increased wage race 2 more seasons mid pack and take the cash for his kids? 

I think we will see him in power boats or rally cars or sonething. 

Just seen vettle or alonso mentioned to fill his seat and apparently jenson said his biggest regret was not driving for Ferrari and Ferrari might be interested in him if vettal jumps ship... This is going to get interesting 

If I had $100million in the bank, at the age of 31 I'd have been tempted to disappear to somewhere expensive for the rest of my life.  But when they pay you $1million a day to turn up for work, I might have stayed a bit longer.  As world champ, there's a gravy train, but for some the competitive edge has gone as they've done it.  And strangely, he'd now be paid more to lose.

• Like 1