Buying a new to me car with small issues

Thrustyjust

So, the Suzuki of power and style was traded in at the weekend and we drove off in a 1 year old, 5k mile Skoda Citigo. Its a funky little car, which the latest wife will use for dawdling around in and commuting to work. Reasons for buying this was cheap to run and in a few years, Master TJ will be given it as his first car. So, we collect it on Saturday and I decided that the monkey valet at the Skoda dealer , was pretty woeful. Call me fussy , but I decided to clean it. Yes it was cold and yes it was dirty. On going round the car, I found all the centre caps showing signs of pitting in the chrome and the drivers door seal is going white. I therefore Sunday evening emailed the sales guy at Skoda and said we are happy , but would like these items replaced. I also advised that the service didnt include checking tyres , as they were all 10 psi low ???.

He responded today advising that the hub caps will be changed ' as long as there is no signs of stonechips causing the damage' , but he was adamant that the door trim is not a warranty item. I have sent him photos now of the door trim, as attached below, showing a black door frame next to it, which shows how off colour it is and advised I will be popping in to see him on Saturday to discuss. I am not using back to black, as thats just a mask , just like the autosmart cleaning junk they use to make it look nice, but by washing properly, the issue appeared.

Personally I am a bit miffed about this being not considered to be replaced, as I would expect it to be loosing its colour in 10 years, not 12 months. I will mention consumer rights and fit for purpose on Saturday with him, but has anyone else had daft car issues like this ?

Oh and tyres being low , the workshop has calibrated tyre gauges , so it must be from where its been sitting that its lost pressure :rolleyes: Like I was born yesterday........

20161127_083937_001.jpg

I would say someone has used a pretty aggressive cleaner on that.

GTECH will bring it back to as new

Most other back to black is rubbish in my experience

• Like 1

Not tried the C4, but all the other Gtech stuff I've used has been excellent.

I have some stuff in the garage, but being it was owned by Skoda UK for the first part and then the cars distributed through the dealers to sell, means they should know how to clean cars and not use this nasty traffic film remover, which is usually caustic acid. I would rather it was new, then I can protect it for a lifetime of the car, than fight to keep it black. But to say that door rubbers arent a warranty item, when I have 2 years manufacturers warranty left on the car, seems a bit baffling.

I have told Mrs TJ that I will take the V5 ( if it appears ) and reject the car on Saturday , if they dont replace it , as there are plenty of them around ;)

Not fit for purpose? Reject the car? All a bit extreme isn't it...?

• Like 1

Well took the car back to Skoda today. Parked close to the showroom, so pointed out 'black seal' on showroom car and 'grey seal ' ( no ,not the one in the sea :d) on my car. They knew 'exactly' what had caused that and the chrome hub centres to bubble , which was TFR from cleaning it at Skoda HQ , as was an ex employee , pre-reg style car . They didnt quibble about replacing the hub centres and the door seal, so they ordered them while I was there and await an email to then book it in. I said it maybe expected on a 50k mile car, but not a 5k mile 12 month old car. I guess I am not the first to have this issue, yet they still use this nasty chemicals to clean cars, as convenient and quick. 

• Like 1