uploading car pics

alsyrpal

Upload them to photobucket first. 

Or email them to me, and I'll do it for you because im killing time. 

While we're on the subject of photobucket. I filled my allowance months ago and haven't been able to upload new pics. I could still use the photos allready there up untill yesterday. I now get an account restricted message and they're asking for payment to up my capacity. Now I wouldn't mind if it was a one off payment of a few dollars, but it's not. It's monthly payments of, depending on the plan, up to 399 dollars per year!   ??? 

I think I'll probably start another account with another photo host, any recommendations? Is it possible to use Facebook photos on this forum? .. I have tried various ways but not managed to.

While we're on the subject of photobucket. I filled my allowance months ago and haven't been able to upload new pics. I could still use the photos allready there up untill yesterday. I now get an account restricted message and they're asking for payment to up my capacity. Now I wouldn't mind if it was a one off payment of a few dollars, but it's not. It's monthly payments of, depending on the plan, up to 399 dollars per year!   ??? 

I think I'll probably start another account with another photo host, any recommendations? Is it possible to use Facebook photos on this forum? .. I have tried various ways but not managed to.

You can also pay it anually. i have the plus 20 account which gives 20GB of storage, which is 10x more capacity than the free account and no adverts. Cost is $29.99 for the year so around £25.

Photobucket? Pfft!!!

I have a laptop that runs as a home server, I have a domain name for it and I host my own images. I'm not about to pay someone else for it! :p

• Like 1

Photobucket? Pfft!!!

I have a laptop that runs as a home server, I have a domain name for it and I host my own images. I'm not about to pay someone else for it! :p

what off site back up do you have though in the event of drive failure/fire/flood etc?

For me Photobucket is a safety backup for if I have the misfortune to loose everything currently on the computer

what off site back up do you have though in the event of drive failure/fire/flood etc?

For me Photobucket is a safety backup for if I have the misfortune to loose everything currently on the computer

Well I have two laptops, a PC, a NAS drive, several external drives and a Samba share which resides in my garage, most of my drives are fully backed up. Off site backup is all very well, but with most if not all of these cloud storage facilities the "small print" allows them full access to use your files as they see fit.

Also lets face it, how are you going to access those files if your PC fails? With such restrictions making us use ultra secure passwords, most people can't remember them and they store passwords on their PC in either a password manager or a simple text file as a secure alternative to someone breaking into their home and taking all their written down password details. I mean you could ask for a password reset, but that's going to your email account for which you also need a password.

When you really stop to think about it, there is no way to be entirely secure, there are just too many factors to take into account.

Now as for my own image hosting, I can upload/download from anywhere in the world via FTP, I can move images directly over my network via shared folders, I can set permissions, block IP addresses (like the entirety of Russia and China) and when the need arises I can connect to remote desktop using my Android tablet and use my laptop as though I were there in person from anywhere I like (most recently from 6000 miles away in Vietnam).

Granted for most people the simple way is a cloud storage service, but cloud storage is just someone else's PC and your giving your data to a company purely because they've got a well known name.