SPC 5 speed type 9gearbox

Terry Everall

SPC Transport Type 9 five speed hd gearbox with semi helical gears.  This gearbox was built in new 2015 for £2750 and has only done approx 200 miles in 2 years in a Westfield

It is in perfect condition and comes with the gear-lever and has a standard short input shaft

The box was the full and highest spec with heavy duty main shaft and larger dah normal bearings. These boxes are great for road, track or sprinting and are so strong that the classic rally guys prefer them. These boxes are much quieter than a straight or dog box so fine for roadwork but very good gear ratios.

1st 2.48

2nd 1.61

3rd 1.23

4th 1.0

5th 0.87

£1800

Looking forward to fitting mine this Winter.

What did you swap it out with Terry?

4 speed dog box as car is now only used for sprinting

My SPC semi helical box is now 16 years old, with 25,000 miles under it's belt.

Did think about asking Steve for a strip and rebuild but I still can't beat the synchros. So I'll keep it going for a bit longer.

First gear ratio is epic.

Replied to pm

This is what is known as the Tracsport 'box, I believe. You cannot beat it if you want a type 9 'box  with synchro. It is easily capable of handling 300bhp plus engines.

• Like 1

SOLD

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.