Rear shocks and springs for SEI wide body wanted

yellow perilous

Looking for a set of standard length shocks and springs for a SEI wide body to replace the current racing set which are too low for touring Scotland!

Thanks

I've just taken delivery of a new set of Protechs for the rear of my SEW, and have my old Spax rears available. I don't know if they are suited for a SEIW though, and they are (I suspect) 18 years old, but you're welcome to them for the price of postage (and maybe a beer token ;)).

2016-11-05+11_17_56.jpg

Looking for a set of standard length shocks and springs for a SEI wide body to replace the current racing set which are too low for touring Scotland!

Thanks

Another potential option (depending on your situation and Westie set up)

I used to run:

smaller radius wheel/tyre combo on track = lower to ground and quicker acceleration

higher radius wheel/tyre combo for better ground clearance on road

This also meant easy change when frequently moving from track-road-track-road.

• Like 1

I think independent and live axle cars have different shock lengths Q. I'm sure someone else or Westfield can confirm though.

• Like 2

Thanks

are you looking at getting rid of your current set of shocks or are you planning on having two sets to keep swaping over.if your looking at getting rid of your current ones I could be interested in doing a deal with a set of virtually brand new protechs thanks neil

Hi Neil,

What open length are the protects? Are the springs 9" and what poundage?

Thanks

Hi Neil,

What open length are the protects? Are the springs 9" and what poundage?

Thanks

they are the standard shocks and springs supplied by protech for the seiw so not sure of poundage but the fronts are 12.5" eye to eye and the rears are 14" eye to eye and I think the rears are 9" and 7" on the front but not 100% sure and about 3 month old

I have an original set (black with white stripe) springs from my old SEiW

yours for the postage and packing - free if you collect from the North East

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.