Silverstone Classic 2017, Tickets

Onliest Smeg David

Quick update - club stand now confirmed for Silverstone Classic 2017. I will put up a post on Sunday in the Members Only Area with discounted ticket prices, website address and booking code details. The Early Bird tickets are available until 31st March so no need to rob the Santa fund, there's plenty of time - be patient and don't panic. :)

• Like 8

Hi Everyone,

Don't add or make any commitments in your diaries for next year until you've added the Silverstone Classic.

It has to be a must attend venue, for all the whole Westy community, in all guises, road based, track based, come and show us what you have. 

It's the chance to prove we are:

​(1)  The the friendliest club on the planet.

(2) Dedicated enthusiast's 

(3) Given the opportunity to take part in Westfield based Motor sport

(4) Offered a chance to drive the premier F1 circuit Silverstone in your pride & joy.

I took my wife out to Silverstone in my Westy for the first time, and she's already asking if we can go again next year.

​On the strength of that week-end we have bought a new car, we have bought Tightscot's (Gordon Downies Seiw Zetec)

I will miss my Mighty Crossflow SE but I have a knee injury so I needed more leg room.

so reluctantly I  have it up for sale.

​I  looking forward to seeing increased numbers next year I believe it's an opportunity to publicly thank our committee and AO's

Due to work commitments, I am not able to attend as many club evenings I would like with Gary and the boys & girls at Nott's & Derby

This for me represents another chance to meet other owners, as an addition to Stoneleigh.

(Scott just be careful,  as she who must be obeyed will be present)  :p 

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Don't add or make any commitments in your diaries for next year until you've added the Silverstone Classic.

It has to be a must attend venue, for all the whole Westy community, in all guises, road based, track based, come and show us what you have. 

It's the chance to prove we are:

​(1)  The the friendliest club on the planet.

(2) Dedicated enthusiast's 

(3) Given the opportunity to take part in Westfield based Motor sport

(4) Offered a chance to drive the premier F1 circuit Silverstone in your pride & joy.

I took my wife out to Silverstone in my Westy for the first time, and she's already asking if we can go again next year.

​On the strength of that week-end we have bought a new car, we have bought Tightscot's (Gordon Downies Seiw Zetec)

I will miss my Mighty Crossflow SE but I have a knee injury so I needed more leg room.

so reluctantly I  have it up for sale.

​I  looking forward to seeing increased numbers next year I believe it's an opportunity to publicly thank our committee and AO's

Due to work commitments, I am not able to attend as many club evenings I would like with Gary and the boys & girls at Nott's & Derby

This for me represents another chance to meet other owners, as an addition to Stoneleigh.

(Scott just be careful,  as she who must be obeyed will be present)  :p 

Is No 4 happening again? I thought it was a one off.

Be good if did happen as i missed last year.

Yeah, to avoid confusion, (unless Scott has some how dug out a miracle), there won't be another parade lap opportunity for at least five more years.

My understanding, is that they are supposed to be released to clubs with a major anniversary to celebrate.

Well, unless you happen to be Porsche Club GB, who have such an amazing, massive presence and such a long history, as a marque, that they can probably find something significant most years :laugh:

It appears I have misinformed every one, but hey this is a weekend not to be missed.

Apologies to all concerned :getmecoat:  :(  

• Like 1

Absolutely, the parade lap was the cherry on top this year, but next year we have the whole iced cake to enjoy!!

Hmm, I think my metaphors might have been affected by too many Peak District Area runs!! :laugh:

Yeah, to avoid confusion, (unless Scott has some how dug out a miracle), there won't be another parade lap opportunity for at least five more years.

My understanding, is that they are supposed to be released to clubs with a major anniversary to celebrate.

Well, unless you happen to be Porsche Club GB, who have such an amazing, massive presence and such a long history, as a marque, that they can probably find something significant most years :laugh:

Isn't it Westfield's 35th Anniversary in 2017..................according to Wikipedia Chris Smith founded Westfield in 1982.........I too missed out this year.

• Like 3

Wahoo! Worth a try, I guess!

Isn't it Westfield's 35th Anniversary in 2017..................according to Wikipedia Chris Smith founded Westfield in 1982.........I too missed out this year.

Nice try...!

Discount code, booking website link and package prices now available here:

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/122031-2017-silverstone-classic-info-advance-ticket-sales-discount-code/#entry1283646