Klondyke Steam Party Sat 15th or Sun 16th Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Klondyke Steam Party is next weekend. It is located on the A515 south of Ashbourne and just north of Draycott in the Clay, north of and next to the Swan Inn, roughly DE6 5GZ.

There are engines in steam, stationary engines, vintage tractors, cars, stalls and refreshments. Entry is £6 but I will ask if we can display and therefore gain free entry.

Meet at Halfords, Ashbourne, DE6 1DU at 9.30 am to arrive at the event at 10 am. Leaving one question - shall we go Saturday or Sunday? Well Sunday is the preferred date but should the weather misbehave we may have to go on Saturday. 

I will set the date when we get a forecast.

For those travelling from the south, it makes sense just to meet us there.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will book you in

Cheers, Julie

I have spoken to Jerry and the official line is that we are not old enough to display but he will see on the day. There is a story but not for public knowledge. The weather at the moment is pushing me towards SATURDAY, which leaves one question...is anybody joining us?

I have spoken to Jerry and the official line is that we are not old enough to display

Even Glen?

• Like 1

Blyton Saturday. .. sorry the weather was too good to miss.

Have a good time

• Like 1

Can't make this one, sorry folks. Have a great day!

Damn, damn, damn! Can't make this one, well certainly not Saturday.

Will keep an eye on the thread, as Sunday maybe a possibility.

We have to join the list of apologies as we cannot make Saturday either  :cry: but the good news is that we will be at the caravan show  :)  :p

We could make Sunday but the weather is not looking favourable  :down:

Well enjoy the, erm, nice caravan show then Martyn. And, Trevor, enjoy your trackday, say 'hi' to Oily Steve. Alan is at Oulton Park which just leaves us, so we are bailing out of this one and heading up to Pickering, where I believe the Germans have occupied the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.

Lets hope the rain travels north quicker than we do.

Low cloud and drizzle greeted us this morning, so we changed back to the original plan and headed south for the sunshine, what a good idea that turned out to be. We turned up at the Klondyke Steam Party, found the chairman and set to displaying a 13 year old Westfield in with the oldies, so you see Russ, Glen wasn't too young after all!

DSC09241_zpst8d1m0lj.jpg

The red car to my right is a Triumph Monte Carlo 1934, the car on the far right is a 5 litre, 4 cylinder 1913 Chalmers Model 17, a forerunner to the Chrysler and there are now only 3 in the UK. Here is a photo of that 5 litre engine.

DSC09239_zpsdy013zmh.jpg

Now we need to go back to the beginning of time and to the start of the internal combustion engine, you will find yourself a Crossley engine, Manchester.

DSC09225_zpshhdoycq4.jpg

I had better show you the stars of the party, the steam engines, from mammoth monsters like this one

DSC09228_zpsnd6ktvf2.jpg

to cuties like this carting the kids about

DSC09233_zps5bltwab8.jpg

then it was my turn to feel old, I went to the Monsters of Rock, Castle Donington in the 1980's, in the back of a yellow Austin Allegro and I don't think I have seen one since, until today.

DSC09230_zpsyt77fe29.jpg

• Like 1

We found Bertie

DSC09242_zpsul8yb4cr.jpg

and some tractors

DSC09243_zpsrzkwkoca.jpg

Afterwards we headed off to Ca**ington Water, just in case you forgot what my preciousness looks like

DSC09244_zps8l4c0ikf.jpg

now it's time to count the layers of clothing, that's a merino wool under layer, a jumper, a coat and a windproof coat, huff, who needs the heating on, did I mention the arm warmers?

DSC09246_zpsiigu3b4k.jpg

There was plenty of room on that bench and in that car park, just saying. We had coffee in the sunshine with views over the water

DSC09247_zps1euvk52h.jpg

before heading off for some tea. Big Andy will be glad to know Glen finally found his steak  :laugh: and it wasn't ham

DSC09250_zpscyaix94z.jpg

That just left a drive home in the dark. One problem - the glasses, I only had sun glasses or the yellow lensed glasses. One was too dark and the others accenuated headlights and street lights. I opted for the latter, squinted and promised myself I will put some glasses in the car with clear lenses  :oops:

Hopefully someone will come next time and fill the car park and bench up, missed you everyone!!!

• Like 1

Allegro (aka a meat pie).. unfortunately not the allegro with the square steering wheel (a 'feature'from British leyland)

Thanks for the pics it looks like you had a good day.
Blyton was dry..very misty until 9am then sunny in the afternoon.....a great day

• Like 1

sorry Julie we would have loved to come but we was away with the caravan next time maybe

• Like 1