Gold Plated Chassis, Anyone.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Like Yanto it made me think of the pointless Vanden Plas Allegro.

Minimalist was the whole point of the Seven.

I thought the plot had been lost when the 160 model came out with an 80bhp, 660cc, 3 cylinder turbo engine; and now this.

Colin Chapman must be spinning in his grave.

Baby-poo green with gold flavour chassis. All the bad taste that money can buy...

Back in the day there was a Caterham with gold plated wheels and other parts, owned by a guy called Peter I think. Saw it at one of the Caterham meets. Might have been Penn Se7ens. Not to my taste but then my car is green so I really can't comment...

Ah but your car is bilious green not baby-poo green. Altogether a different matter! :d   :lg-westy:

Then there's the azure blue one...  :db-westy:

Sometimes I wonder how far up themselves marketing people can get .....

"Customers of both Caterham and Harrods are huge advocates of the two brands because they enjoy the finer things in life; you don’t buy a Caterham Seven because you need one, you buy it because you want one.Similarly, if you want the finest in fashion, beauty, shoes and perfume, you go to Harrods. Why? Because they have the best.

With the only question mark seemingly ‘how has this partnership not existed before...."

What the .........

As for this ... "you don’t buy a Caterham Seven because you need one, you buy it because you want one"  just replace "Caterham Seven" with "Frying Pan" or "Prostitute"  :suspect:

And as for "‘how has this partnership not existed before..." the answer has to be "because we've never been so desperate"   :cry:

Am I the only one wondering what all the fuss is about? If there is a market for such a car, then good luck to them making it! I don't want one, but then there are hundreds of cars that I don't want/like, but at the end of the day, as they say, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"! :d  :d

• Like 1