• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Helicopter Action in Buxton, Sun 9th Oct

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Artist's Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS, leaving at 10.30am for the 15 mile, half an hour journey to Moor Grange Farm, Buxton, SK17 9RA.

Once there we will watch Alan have his helicopter flight before heading off to get some lunch. At the moment the weather forecast is good, but it is only Tuesday so please check this post as it may be cancelled if that should change.

Who is coming? 

1. Alan the Pensioner (sorry, Glen made me write it)

2. Us (including Glen the pretend pensioner)

3. Dave

4. Big Andy and Debbie

I think I should be ok for this!

• Like 1

Are pensioners allowed to hang of the heli skids and take nice aerial shots of Westie?

• Like 1

That's a good idea Ian, I am not sure Alan will be so sure though, perhaps we need a drone instead.

Anyhow, the weather is still good and this is on.

• Like 1

A big, big thanks to everyone who turned up to watch me take off and land.The pilot was more interested in the Westfields than telling everyone were we were going. Again thanks for making my day special

• Like 4

really enjoyed the run out today brill alittle fresh and thanks trevturtle for looking at my carbs 

hes just a few pics off the days event 

20161009_143243_zpsd5gsik7k.jpg

20161009_123907_zpsztvjbf48.jpg

20161009_143234_zpsdsd6wuke.jpg

20161009_123749-1_zpsfyewwg5o.jpg

20161009_123912_zpsootldsci.jpg

20161009_123409_zpsljdckpkb.jpg

20161009_123316_zpsa8yx87jk.jpg

20161009_123050_zpsrpve9xtw.jpg

20161009_123046_zpsdwwts5sy.jpg

20161009_122957_zpsfcqs8vjt.jpg

20161009_162630_zpswi86izmt.jpg

20161009_162603_zpsgrpy33vd.jpg

20161009_162458_zpsylsgtstu.jpg

20161009_123907_zpsztvjbf48.jpg

• Like 3

Matlock meeting point, from the left - Big Andy and Debbie, Alan, Dave, Us and Trevor

DSC09203_zpsmkxj3zej.jpg

Such a hilarious day, so we are at Matlock and nobody knows where this helicopter thing is. Julie has been a good girl, done her homework and out pops the bit of paper, like a satnav only not electronic. We will follow these directions and 'it is down a lane and in a field on our RIGHT' just follow me. We tinkle along on roads that we know and turn off down the lane, looking to the right for this here field. A helicopter comes in on our left, LEFT, look left, yep it's landed, follow that helicopter to the left and we picked up the signs and drove straight there, to the field on our left. I will have words with the little orange google map man later.

We went to park up and there was already a Westfield there, Richard and Liz (Bioman) were waiting for us, what a lovely surprise, great stuff. Alan's family were there too.

While Alan is busy flying, Trevor sets about balancing Andy's carbs. Dave pointed out that you don't often see the FORD MOTORSPORT cam covers and I must admit I have not particularly noticed one before. I will be on a mission now at car shows to see who has one, thanks Dave for adding some interest into my life.

DSC09206_zpstt3bnxr0.jpg

Tweek

DSC09208_zps1efedl45.jpg

Then it was Alan's turn

DSC09209_zpsnqgxyyus.jpg

DSC09210_zpstlobqqow.jpg

Have I introduced you to this monster. It accelerated hard past me yesterday as I was stationary and sat low to the ground in my Westfield, I got the full on 'ear experience' and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. It sounded pretty awesome today too and it was 2 cars behind me! Dave, what a wonderful car you have.

DSC09211_zpss70ykdoy.jpg

More hilarity ensues when Julie starts taking a panorama shot of the cars and these 2 daft sods stand one side, then run round to the other side so they are in both sides of the picture. And Trevor, you think Glen has the mind of a 14 year old???

DSC09215_zpsp8nkldpz.jpg

A more serious picture of the cars in the airfield, calm down children

DSC09218_zpsi7uottjk.jpg

Then we all went for a run followed by lunch.....

• Like 4

Another fine day...keep them coming

• Like 1

We had a run past the Dragon's Back, through Longnor and up the Crowdedote road because we love that road. Soon meeting back up with Alan's family and having lunch at The Smithy in Monyash where all the motorbikes were in their usual spot just outside.

After lunch Dave, Trevor, Richard and Liz went on their way which left Alan, Andy and Debbie and us to wiggle down the Via Gellia to The Fountain for some vanilla and blueberry cake. Andy had one of his 5 a day and chose the carrot cake, very healthy.

DSC09220_zps6apa8j1x.jpg

DSC09221_zpsnnbhxmos.jpg

The Fountain car park

DSC09224_zpsmqdttl7c.jpg

A short video of Alan landing

https://youtu.be/YhDeGv05mC4

Thank you to everyone for making yet another lovely day out.

• Like 1

Just for Russ some pictures with the helicopter in, well if you squint

DSC09213_zpsqctrg9ga.jpg

DSC09212_zpszohuafx1.jpg

Great pictures Andy, send thanks to Debbie too.

• Like 2