Did Dr Rubic design the fuel sender unit?

Andy - a15cro

After our run out today I decided to pop the new Protec Dampers on the rear thats been sitting in the garage for months! They went on really easy so with a bit of time on my hands and the boot box out, I thought, lets strip out the fuel sender and have a look.............well getting it out is easy..........putting it back in was a bit of a task. If Dr Rubic had marketed this instead of the cube it would have been a tougher puzzle!!! Im not sure of it was either the hole not quite big enough from the original build, or me just not seeing an easier way. The final outcome seems to be that it now reads a bit better, lets see what happens when I next fillet up. Next job, radiator swap. :t-up:

• Like 1

The holes in the rings are not equally spaced. Take the unit out, line up the holes in the inner and outer rings and you've solved the Rubik's cube.

I worked that bit out in the end, but getting the inner bit through the hole was a challenge as well. I think the hole could do with being 2mm bigger.

The trick is to just have the one long screw attached and then the "horseshoe" ring will easily pass through the opening - the real pita is then to get all the other screws inserted without crossing threads or damaging the sender by abusing it in frustration :angry:  :d

• Like 1

The trick is to just have the one long screw attached and then the "horseshoe" ring will easily pass through the opening - the real pita is then to get all the other screws inserted without crossing threads or damaging the sender by abusing it in frustration :angry:  :d

Replace "easily pass ..." with "eventually pass ..." and you are spot on  :d

• Like 1