Smart Alarms - advice needed please

Stuart

I would probably retain the relatively stable microwave/PIR (quite sophisticated kit BTW) standard alarm and put in a separate motion detection CCTV system with email signalling. The CCTV is more likely to false alarm due to insects and/or spiders so that I would keep it separate from the 'proper' alarm system. Outdoors motion detection is nearly useless because of spiders being attracted by the IR LEDs. Indoors at least there's no wind to wobble the webs! Sannce / Annke kit from Amazon is pretty good outside. Keeping the IR lighting separate from the cameras might improve stability because the spiders would be away from the cameras.

Ah okay, sorry my involvement with BS alarms ceased ten years ago and a lot has changed in the interim. CCTV I know a bit about from first hand recent experience.