SOLD - Genuine Westfield Alloy Front Uprights

tkm_dave

Got a pair of Westfield alloy front uprights (inc stub axles, castle nuts, steering arms etc) taking up space in the garage. Never used, just shuffled from shelf to shelf so they're 'as new' but 'shelf soiled', nothing that would affect performance/fit or be visible when assembled.

These take the same calipers, hubs and discs as used on original steel Cortina uprights, but obviously save quite a chunk of weight!

20160918 175811

20160918 175711

20160918 175703

Hi Dave, please excuse my ignorance as I know little/nothing about these items.

I currently have/had receleda ones fitted to mine, however had a bit of a moment yesterday and am now in need of new ones as my near side one is no longer in 1 piece.

Are these a like for like swap?

I was going to order a new set of rally design ones tomorrow as I have read that these are the current equivalent?

Lee

Hi Lee,

Geometry wise these are direct replacements for Cortina uprights most Westfields use. I believe the RD ones are too but you'd need brake caliper adaptors for the RD ones whereas with the Westfield ones they have the same mounting type and position as the original Cortina.

RD ones might also lack the correct cycle wing mounting points

cycle wing mounting point not a major issue as mine are mounted from the top nut.

however Fitment of hispec 4 pot callipers is ideal.

any idea if these are a direct fitment, hopefully the answer is yes.

Lee

Out of interest - do you know what these weigh compared to the original pig iron ones?

Now Sold, thanks for the interest everyone.

From memory they're about 1.5kg per side lighter, but there's literally no better place to save 1.5kg! :)

Now Sold, thanks for the interest everyone.

From memory they're about 1.5kg per side lighter, but there's literally no better place to save 1.5kg! :)

My belly. 

Haha! I did think of my belly when I mentioned it, but as big as it's getting it's unsprung mass that counts. Though if I run down the stairs it could definitely be questioned whether it's sprung or not, definitely needs more damping that's for sure!

Is that just the upright? ISTR that, although lighter there wasn't that much difference between the alloy hub and the cast iron example, as the alloy hub still had a big steel axle, plus mounting hardware and steel steering arm.

The big saving in weight always used to be the alloy hub section, compared to the original Cortina steel version.

If there's that much in just the uprights, I wonder if something's been changed in the design.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.