A word of warning, warranty policy in B&Q

maurici

Regarding Bosch products...I've had to returm my dremel Fortiflex (a Bosch product) few times over the last year or so to have a particular part replaced under warranty.

After a quick e-mail to their service centre it's been picked up by a courier and, usually, returned fixed within five days.

I'd initially contacted the retailer but they'd suggested that I go direct to Bosch as it would be quicker to get everything sorted out. On one occasion when the part was not available from stock they just sent a whole new unit.

Rights regarding return of goods aside, they do seem to respond quite quickly in the case of goods requiring repair.

Also done... :)

By the way... I've found the fault in the saw... Was not any fuse in the plug... Filled the empty thing with a fuse... Now working. (Why I have not saw it before) :(

European plugs are not fused... I'm not used to.

"European plugs are not fused" ...... I know French / German plugs etc don't have them but UK 3 pin plugs most definitely should have had a 13 amp fuse.

Was the box sealed properly when you got it ? - I'm always wary of anything in B&Q that can have bits pinched off it - yes, even a 13 amp fuse - once bought a petrol lawn mower off them and some toe rag (or frustrated customer ?) had pinched the foam air filter out of it

Needless to say B&Q couldn't give a monkey's so I went back and "acquired" more than just an air filter off their display model  :angry:  (not a practice I condone normally but they just didn't care and it was fairly obvious after I left that something more substantial was missing so hopefully no-one would have bought that one !!) 

Plugs are moulded on these days and fuses are that bit more accessible as a result. Nothing is out of reach to a scrote.

If at anytime they note it is for commercial venture, then they could reject it. We supply our engineers small power washers for air conditioning work and they prefer the domestic versions for portability and usually get them from B&Q . Karcher have been good when we send them to them for repairs , but dont do it for free as we use them for buisness and taking them back to B&Q usually gets a cold stare.

Is that true if the items are purchased from the Trade Counter that lots of B&Q's have these days?

From my experience as an ex B&Q manager (this was autocentres) their customer service was pretty good. In this case the staff and manager have got it wrong. Up to 30 days you can demand a replacement if it is faulty, however there is a clause which is used to say if there is any doubt as to the validity of the claim, ie abuse, then the customer can be made to wait until a suitably qualified person has inspected it. Not normal on a day old unit, but trust me I have seen goods that were abused badly and customers who tried to bully young staff members into refunds when they had finished the job they bought it for.

A missing fuse means some one has had it away as they all come fully fused, but regardless you had a right to refund so long as you met every criteria, ie not dropped in packaging etc. 

After 30 day there is no right to demand a replacement as the supplier has to be given the opportunity to repair or replace. This always was the big issue as people want it replacing immediately especially if it was say a car battery or alternator. In that case they were offered to purchase a replacement which they would get refunded if there was a manufacturing defect, or wait.

My advice is never lose your temper, it is counter productive even if understandable. Just ask for the managing directors name, the branch managers name and the staff members name and then call head office. you will get any issue sorted quickly and usually with a bit extra for your trouble. Calm and direct comments is the way.

On a broader point, if you are in business doing gardening, then budget to get proper industrial tools. Any electric trimmer is "home use" really petrol Husqvarna or Stihl are the ones to have, worth it in the long run and make sure you get fully safety gear especially with a chainsaw if working alone. You can get very good blood stopping dressings which are worth having as a slip with a chainsaw is usually past a plaster level of first aid.

Good luck with the new venture

• Like 1

Just to clarify... When Ive Saïd that i was starting my carrer as a cardener... Was joking... Obviously all this cheap tool are for my back garden. However o recon is the first time I've expent more than 1 hour with a tool like this in my hand.

Thanks guys for all the comments, will take the advice for the next, as now, in glad to say that my garden in pretty clean. :)

They wanted almost £6 for a pack of 2 3mm jobber drills last time I went there , must have made of 22 carat gold , I told them where to shove em and went elsewhere !

Amonsgt other rip offs there fastener prices are extortionate but the wife loves spending her hard earned there , until she tried to return wallpaper she had bought and didnt like and found she couldnt get the cash back and came away with a credit note for the amount spent . I wanted to go back with her and raise hell but she didnt want the fuss, guess thats what most would do , anything for a quiet life :t-up:  

if you paid by credit card let them sort it out  :d