NEC Rant

Captain Colonial

And to further the electric. Fun is a massive wire comes out the ground with a massive white box. Then a further smaller fuse box , and finally a 3 pin socket... Although you ask for it to be in a particular part of the stand it never is and some how you need to hide this electrical heep costing £600. Last year I changed all the halogen bulbs to led and left the kettle in the factory. And paid 300 for lecy. That allowed for potentially a lot of coffee. Or in my case a larger flask.

For technoclassica I pay £15o for the electric. It's simply a socket and small fuse box. And so far had no problems with running a kettle ... Coffee machine... + everything else.

It would be interesting to see the actual rule you were supposed to be breaking and the rational behind it.
Indeed

As a follow up, all three nights when I tried to leave the overpriced £12 per visit car park, the pay stations were closed so I couldn't pay. Nothing for it, so on the first night I drove to the exit barrier to pay.

"Ticket please."
"I wasn't able to pay, the pay station is closed."
"We only take cash."
"I've only got a debit card - any suggestions?"
"Go get some cash."
"How? There isn't a cash point within a mile of here."
Deep thought.
"On your way then, you can pay tomorrow."

Needless to say, I saved myself £36 in car parking charges. What great organisation.

I was there on Wednesday for the 'IMHX' event, on business but not running a stand. On leaving I was asked at the pay station 'which show did you go to' when I asked why this mattered, it turns out if I had gone to the Glee garden retailer thing I would have got a free pass, saving £12 as it was free to register in advance, if £20 on the door.

Everytime I go for Autosports I save £12 by leaving an hour late, when even the barrier operators have gone home.

We also opted to leave just after four, to miss the traffic. Clearly someone knew this and decided to have an 'incident' on one of the surrounding roads, total gridlock, didnt get clear of the traffic going north will 6:50 nearly 3 hours later! 

The only thing making it worth being that my BRAND NEW works van has NO AIRCON because the boss things 'it uses 15mpg of fuel' apparently! goodness me, never been so hot!

Daniel

Indeed

I was there on Wednesday for the 'IMHX' event, on business but not running a stand. On leaving I was asked at the pay station 'which show did you go to' when I asked why this mattered, it turns out if I had gone to the Glee garden retailer thing I would have got a free pass, saving £12 as it was free to register in advance, if £20 on the door.

Everytime I go for Autosports I save £12 by leaving an hour late, when even the barrier operators have gone home.

We also opted to leave just after four, to miss the traffic. Clearly someone knew this and decided to have an 'incident' on one of the surrounding roads, total gridlock, didnt get clear of the traffic going north will 6:50 nearly 3 hours later!

The only thing making it worth being that my BRAND NEW works van has NO AIRCON because the boss things 'it uses 15mpg of fuel' apparently! goodness me, never been so hot!

Daniel

Your boss is a tight idiot if he puts MPG before the well being of his employees. AC means you drive in a comfortable environment and arrive in better condition, making you more productive. Plus it gives the vehicle a much better resale value. PM me his name and address and I'll send him an anonymous letter telling him he's a nunney.

Your boss is a tight idiot if he puts MPG before the well being of his employees. AC means you drive in a comfortable environment and arrive in better condition, making you more productive. Plus it gives the vehicle a much better resale value. PM me his name and address and I'll send him an anonymous letter telling him he's a nunney.

Not only mine, he specs the same for his own van, and then moans like billio on a drive to Poland and back in peak summer.

Consistent, if not logical! I turn my car a/c off if I dont need it, but if its hot or humid, I use it.

Daniel