Advice on setting up WSCC Facebook page needed.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I am new to Facebook as I was never very keen on it.

The past few weeks I opened an account and opened two pages. One in my name and one that I have hidden as the North Yorks WSCC page.

I have been accepting friend requests and sending them out to see what happens.

So far I have received a lot of car related items which I have really enjoyed.

I have also seen a woman shot and cruelty to animals which I do not wish to see.

I am also receiving lots of flowers and prayers etc.

I don't want this to be in the WSCC page but I wish the page to be visible to people and for people to also interact but not sure how to do it.

Can anyone offer any advice please.

When on the North West WSCC page...

Go to 'Settings'...

Select 'Visitor Posts'...

then endure 'Allow visitors to the page to publish posts' button is selected

& tick 'allow photos and video posts'

& most importantly tick 'review posts by other people before they are published' - which will allow you to moderate whet is seen on the facebook page.

Also in post attribution select

Post as North Yorks WSCC

Your posts, likes and comments on this Page's timeline will be attributed to the Page by default. When you're creating or replying to a post, you will still have the option to post as yourself or as another Page that you manage.

- which means posts by you on the North York WSCC FB will be shown as being posted by North York WSCC not by Geoffrey 

Hope that helps

• Like 2

Rather than a "Page", you should be considering a "Group" instead. A Page is good if you are the sole contributor and want to control what is posted to the Page. A Group is like a forum, and once members start posting should run itself.

• Like 1

Rather than a "Page", you should be considering a "Group" instead. A Page is good if you are the sole contributor and want to control what is posted to the Page. A Group is like a forum, and once members start posting should run itself.

Hi Quinten.

How is that set up?

FB is the devil....

Fully agree with this from what I have seen.

My reason for the Facebook page is that I know of 12 Westfields that are within around lets say, 15 miles from me and I send out invites all the time but just cannot seem to get some people interested in doing anything at all.

I am hoping the page may stir some interest.

If you look at https://www.facebook.com/groups/wscc.northants/ at the right hand side is a button 'Create Group'. You then basically follow instructions till it's created. Ours is set to approve new members (to hopefully prevent spammers from being added to the group), but other than that, members can post events, discussion topics, pictures, etc, as they can on a forum.

Now you may say, but why not use the forum? Because facebook is easily accessible on the go, and to us it is just another option within the club :yes:

• Like 1

I inherited the FB Page but

Have to admit been thinking about moving to a 'Group'

As a fresh start as currently majority of followers aren't Westfielders and are from non UK.

Fully agree that new members need approval, or else you'll get all sorts of adverts, cr*p and ladies with unfeasibly large breasts posting stuff. if the group builds up numbers you can make any number of administrators that are able to approve new member requests rather than you needing to check several times each day.

and ladies with unfeasibly large breasts posting stuff.

So facebook isn't all bad then?

Well, not until you realise it's a fat Belgian grandad trying to groom you.

• Like 2

Well, not until you realise it's a fat Belgian grandad trying to groom you.

Do you want to point to the dolly to show us where he touched you?  :p

• Like 3