Standard Roll Bar Installation

hawksa

Good Morning,

Leaving aside discussions on the merits (or otherwise) of the Westfield standard roll bar hoop, I am going to install mine tonight.

Any suggestions for covers for the entry points through the bodywork in case my Dremel work is less than perfect?

Thanks,

Simon.

I used some 1mm thick Carbon fibre sheet over the feet. More details in my build thread here: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/111249-ian-ks-s2000-build-thread/

Some also used grommets for the diagonals.

• Like 2

I cut the bodywork hole with a hole saw and then enlarged it slightly with a dremmel to get a good fit.  I'm not an expert with a dremmel either but I managed to get a neat fit so no covering was needed.  If you take your time I doubt you'll need a cover.  In any case, if you can't make a good job of the bodywork hole, you may not be able to make a neat cover either (you still need a neat hole to fit round the bar)!

Be careful with your measurements when you drill the holes.  My holes ended up being too near the front of the car and I almost couldn't get the bolt into the roll bar because the bolt head was very nearly touching the chassis (close enough that I couldn't get a socket on it but I could do it up with a spanner). I was very lucky to get away with it but 5mm further back would have been ideal.  I think the problem was that the measurement I had in mind would have been perfect if I measured it from the chassis bar, but I didn't allow for the bodywork. :(

Anyway, take your time to think it through and double check your measurements and it will be fine!

• Like 1