kop hill 2016

markcwalker

I was there on Saturday with my Eleven (on its first proper run out).  I met up with another Simon and his Eleven.  I had been last year on the Sunday and it was much busier - but this year's Saturday's miserable weather will not have helped draw the crowds and even deter some exhibitors from keeping their "garage queen" cars away.

I would be prepared to enquire of the organisers if they would be prepared to let WSCC have a stand in the Clubs area.  If I can get an idea of cost (it is a charity fundraising event after all) and what might be available, I'll report back.

Simon

Simon, I would like to have seen your Eleven because there was a Lotus Eleven there on Sunday and it would have been nice to see them side-by-side. There were lots of unusual vehicles there as usual and again some I'd never seen before. It's a great day out and well worth the entrance fee and time to visit. Perhaps it will evolve into a sort of mini-Revival with Edwardian costumes in the crowds. No sign of Jay Kay this year -  was he there on Saturday?

I saw a Westfield and Lotus Eleven side by side on Saturday, and there didn't seem to be many differences.  As far as I know Jay Kay wasn't there, but Mary Berry was a star guest!

It was a great weekend despite the weather on Saturday.  And I was amazed and delighted that my car was voted as "Car I would most like to go home in".  I got a splendid trophy and an unexpected drive up the hill.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkCLJdXtfgv4gYxQqJYDbhbBtZaO3A

Geoff

• Like 1

Well done Geof. Thought you were referring to your pre lit, but the Aston looks beautiful.

Regards

Gary

Indeed it does! Paddy Hopkirk (Sunday) might take issue with your assertion that Mary Berry was a star guest at a car event! :d

Did go both days and loved it , Simon , the eleven looks fantastic , agree with Geoff that side by side you cant really tell the difference  .

Here's to next year .................