Brighton Speed Trials

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Went along here as usual yesterday and was pleased to see a couple of Westfields competing. One, I suspect a Duratec by the exhaust position, was really quick and showed the couple of Caterhams and other odd Sevens the way to go! They were No.63 in up to 2 litre and No.80 in over 2 litre classes. Both won their class as far as I could deduce from the results sheet. Well done to both! :t-up:

Later edit: One was Martin (gunplumber on here) I think from looking at his profile, but I cannot identify the other except from the Speed Trials results.

• Like 1

That's right Bernie, but only Martin's name came back on search. I hoped they might see my post and tell us about the day. I haven't got any photographs because it was too cold to take my hands out of my pockets! The wind off the sea up on the Marine Parade cut right through the clothes. Great day but marred by the middle level still being closed after three years of being found unsafe. Thirty million pounds is the estimate to renovate it. :(