If you could only do 1 upgrade to your standard kit what would it be and why?

Snappy

Can't wait to fit my BGH E6 now!

After that I'll vote on it with the rest of my upgrades (new engine, widetrack, tyres, better induction, geo, proper mapping, carbon bits, qr wheel, trackday instruction) that I've done since last year.

Yes, you'll be able to do more than 15mph without the engine screaming in first :)   Wack it in this weekend!

• Like 1

Yes, you'll be able to do more than 15mph without the engine screaming in first :) Wack it in this weekend!

Can't as I'm stuck with this terrible view for a bit longer :)

post-20376-0-37796200-1473113679_thumb.j

Maybe when I get back though...

• Like 1

I've never driven a westie with a decent LSD - what DIFFerence does it make?

Better drive out of slow corners especially (doesn't want to spin up the inside rear wheel), more likely to slide and more consistent when it does, can induce more corner entry understeer depending on the type of LSD.

Also, David and Maurici... thanks a lot for the kind words. Some people like to upgrade their pride and joy and that's fine, but you are both right in saying that some driver training will make the most difference - and, it will be useful in any subsequent vehicle, not just the one you have now! Adding 30bhp or some new dampers might gain you 1-2s a lap, but I bet I could find most Westfield owners 5s within half a day of instruction...

• Like 2

I haven't actually driven a gripper myself, but I believe the characteristics are kind of 'on / off'. Wouldn't suit me at all but might others. I prefer the helical type LSDs (also known as ATB - Automatic Torque Biasing or Torsen (TORque SENsing)) as they use a geared system which is seamless in the way it comes in and out. Due to this, it doesn't affect the entry phase anywhere near as much.

Car went to procomp for dampers and full setup - by far the best money I have spent on mine

dont thinks there is too much wrong with the MT75 gearbox although, yup first is a bit short

I haven't actually driven a gripper myself, but I believe the characteristics are kind of 'on / off'. Wouldn't suit me at all but might others. I prefer the helical type LSDs (also known as ATB - Automatic Torque Biasing or Torsen (TORque SENsing)) as they use a geared system which is seamless in the way it comes in and out. Due to this, it doesn't affect the entry phase anywhere near as much.

+1 for the quaife atb. I swapped from open diff to quaife about 10 years ago and have been very pleased with it. No more spinning away power from the inside wheel, and absolutely maintenance free. I cannot comment on how a plated LSD feels in a Westfield as I have never tried one.