October Anglesey event

Terry Everall

Well done John, Matt and Barny.   We have our 3 champs this year ;-)

• Like 3

We should also congratulate te timeKeepers team that destroyed a fair fight.

I'm sorry but I have to tell it. I feel stolen and fooled. Hapy to be slower, but only in the same conditions.

That was a joke, and instead of feeling better every day is hurting more. Have been a fantastic way to destroy a really nice championship.

Well done John, Matt and Barny. We have our 3 champs this year ;-)

Don't misremember top of the Mini Sprint podium - Adam

waiting with bated breath to see if I've made bottom of the Mini Sprint podium ????

Matt????

Matt Hillam... does he count in a J class? I dunno - but still, got mega points!

Matt is in class J2 

Maurici

I have some sympathy with you interns of the constant timing issues we had with several reruns and similar problems due to faster cars catching up others which nested with the times. Both Gary Bunn and Barny Francis were lucky enough to benefit from this but the rest of us did not. The track conditions were changing and in th afternoon it dried so fats that later runs with the road going classes had the best conditions and beat the slick shod cars. I think the best way to  deal with this is for John Wiliams to ask LDMC why the timing guys had such a big problem on both Daturday and Sunday. LDMC are a great club and always try to maximise the runs we have so they will be disappointed as well . The delay between the rerun notifications and the 15 or so cars that had a bulk rerun on Sunday was crazy. 

• Like 3

Maurici

I have some sympathy with you interns of the constant timing issues we had with several reruns and similar problems due to faster cars catching up others which nested with the times. Both Gary Bunn and Barny Francis were lucky enough to benefit from this but the rest of us did not. The track conditions were changing and in th afternoon it dried so fats that later runs with the road going classes had the best conditions and beat the slick shod cars. I think the best way to deal with this is for John Wiliams to ask LDMC why the timing guys had such a big problem on both Daturday and Sunday. LDMC are a great club and always try to maximise the runs we have so they will be disappointed as well . The delay between the rerun notifications and the 15 or so cars that had a bulk rerun on Sunday was crazy.

There is not such "deal with" as the damage is already done.

My Direct competitor did 10 laps one after the other with a semi wet track, So knowledge about where the damp áreas are, and where to push is crucial.

I only did my two alowed laps. Would be the outcome any different with Barny doing only a run or Maybe two because a punctual issue? Who knows. The only truth is that is impossible to compete with 5 runs vs only one, and I don't expect nobody being suprised about my dissapointment.

I was there ready to have a nice and emotive fight on the track, but they stole me my sword and my shield,and they left me alone against a fully armored soldier.

It's likely that Barny would have won aniway? yes, of course, he is a fast lad and have been doing an impressive season.

Was it fair how all it went? NOT AT ALL.

And after saying this, that again sorry I could not just save for myself, I'll stop as I'm really really disappointed and I feel really down. See you all in the awards, hopefully with better cheerings.

Edit:

I want to leave very clear that in any moment I'm not blaming Barny for anything, he was continuously not having time recorded and his only option was to keep going.

I did have a chat informally with the timing people as I was concerned that it might have been something their side (as I've lined them up for Blyton so needed a bit of reassurance) I was happy with their response...

There are lots of people involved making sure the line runs smoothly MSA licence, meeting organiser, Clark of the course, timekeeper and course controller.

I think rather than hearsay and rumour I'm happy to have a chat with LDMC comp sec

• Like 1

There is not such "deal with" as the damage is already done.

My Direct competitor did 10 laps one after the other with a semi wet track, So knowledge about where the damp áreas are, and where to push is crucial.

I only did my two alowed laps. Would be the outcome any different with Barny doing only a run or Maybe two because a punctual issue? Who knows. The only truth is that is impossible to compete with 5 runs vs only one, and I don't expect nobody being suprised about my dissapointment.

I was there ready to have a nice and emotive fight on the track, but they stole me my sword and my shield,and they left me alone against a fully armored soldier.

It's likely that Barny would have won aniway? yes, of course, he is a fast lad and have been doing an impressive season.

Was it fair how all it went? NOT AT ALL.

And after saying this, that again sorry I could not just save for myself, I'll stop as I'm really really disappointed and I feel really down. See you all in the awards, hopefully with better cheerings.

Edit:

I want to leave very clear that in any moment I'm not blaming Barny for anything, he was continuously not having time recorded and his only option was to keep going.

Hi Maurici,

It was good to see you at the weekend and big thanks to you and the others for letting me share your garage without which my car problems would have been a nightmare.

Unfortunately these re-runs (however caused) can be annoying and I feel for you. However let me give you an example that happened to me. to show it can go the other way.

At one of the events a few years ago, my direct competitor kept getting re-runs and I too was sat there feeling this was an advantage to him. However he had been pushing a bit to hard and came off the track which damaged his car and meant that he could then not take part in the run-off. Leaving it to me to do a decent time in order to win but with no competition. So on this occasion it went against a competitor, however it felt slightly hollow not to have had a proper competition. Hope that helps you and allows you to forget about it, what has happened didn;t break any rules and it's just the luck of the draw. Sometimes it's to your advantage sometimes not. 

• Like 1

Matt? ???

I think that he got the overall highest score.  Even though not in a Westy I assume that counts for something.

I can tell you that Longton and the timing guys have already been discussing some of the issues they had to deal with. They are not coming up with excuses but it seems that there was inadequate communication between trackside marshalls etc and the timing controllers. So, when a car was caught or a car needed a rerun the correct info was not being provided to identify which cars were affected. What is important is that LDMC are taking action to improve things and prevent future problems of a similar nature. As Nick says sometimes motorsport can be a lottery and sometimes you win and other times you lose but please remember that the competition is over a full season and not just one weekend. Even Lewis Hamilton has to deal with a bit of bad luck sometimes

• Like 2

Maurici

We all feel your pain. Any of us who have competed in the Speed Series for any length of time have had our share of bad luck and occasionally when things work in our favour. It's worse when you feel like it wast fair and there's nowt you condo about it.

What is more important though is that you are a well liked and valued competitor and we want to see you back in the speed series next year so please don't let this experience out you off.

• Like 1

As a side note, I do remember one event, it may even have been this one last year where drivers were told at the drivers briefing that if you caught a car, please leave a gap of 5 seconds as if you cross the line sooner than that both times will be lost.

Perhaps if this happens in future this should be made very clear. Personally I think it's fairly common sense and common courtesy.

Lastly, I believe one of the issues that caused the large batch of reruns was caused by someone overtaking another slower vehicle. That's just plain stoopid!

Rich

As a side note, I do remember one event, it may even have been this one last year where drivers were told at the drivers briefing that if you caught a car, please leave a gap of 5 seconds as if you cross the line sooner than that both times will be lost.

Perhaps if this happens in future this should be made very clear. Personally I think it's fairly common sense and common courtesy.

Lastly, I believe one of the issues that caused the large batch of reruns was caused by someone overtaking another slower vehicle. That's just plain stoopid!

Rich

it was anglesey last year