Oil Can Cafe car meet and BBQ 4pm Sat 10th Sept FREE entry

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Ah sorry, I'm going to have to pass. I've too much I need to do on Saturday, I'd miss-understood and assumed it was a late afternoon meet up, thinking I wouldn't have to set out till nearer three...

Have a good one!

If you manage to break free later on in the afternoon, Dave, and you fancy coming along the queue will have cleared after the 4pm rush hour. I once came late and drove straight in, either look for my flag or give me a call and I will pop to the gate and show you where we are. Otherwise, no worries if you are busy, have a good day.

Evening sun, Winnats Pass, calendar entry coming up  :)

I'll see you at baslow 11:30...unless the heavens open in the morning.

weather looks ok later in the day

weather look good should be at flouch at 2:30  :)

It was dry until 10.30 am, and then to use Trevor's words 'the heavens opened' it was too late to cancel so we ran in the garage and put the roof on. Thankfully Alan and Trevor still turned up and we had a nice fish and chip lunch in the Wheatsheaf. 

Hoods are on

DSC08750_zpsprcmsoxk.jpg

The rain had almost stopped by 1.30pm so we took the roof's off and headed through the Peak District to The Oil Can Cafe on some great twisty, wet roads. We called at The Flouch where 5 Westfield's were waiting for us - Barry and Andrew, John (but no Jackie, uh, missing you xx), Marcus and son, Allan I and wife, Graham Diggsy. What a cracking turn out!

The must have known our Alan was coming as they had his old cycle on display 

DSC08751_zpsb5lwntvc.jpg

We did a tour of the Carding Shed first as it was Alan and Trevors first visit there. Table anyone?

DSC08752_zpssveoiihx.jpg

Dresses for the ladies

DSC08754_zpsjagpyv0a.jpg

The real reason we went inside first, I mean ROLO cake, come on, how can you refuse?

DSC08756_zpsym6lizx7.jpg

Retro tandems for Glen

DSC08757_zpso7yiwquw.jpg

Then we went outside.......

• Like 1

Robin had arrived in his brand spanking new Alfa, which he proudly showed off to us, and quite rightly so, it was lovely. Allan I showed us his very original Westfield, now that would have sat nicely at the front of the parade lap at Silverstone, it is an untouched example, a classic.

DSC08758_zpsoaioten7.jpg

DSC08759_zps4vahmamv.jpg

DSC08762_zpsbsj2muox.jpg

DSC08763_zpsg6stq826.jpg

DSC08764_zpsdr5bprmr.jpg

We left the show in sunshine and went back through the Peak District on much drier roads. It has been a great day and thank you to everyone for coming. Next weekend it is the Curborough Breakfast meet on Saturday and The Horsepower at the Hall on Sunday BUT we are away on holiday so you will have to go without us, have a great time.

I am off to pack, I only booked it this morning and we go tomorrow. The last 3 holiday's have been in the Westfield so I am having a 'packing fest' tonight. I can pack more than one pair of shoe's yippee, all this space, yippee.

• Like 6

It was great to meet everyone today. A super venue and some amazing cars. Nearly embarrassed when the starter wouldn't turn just the solenoid clicking when we came to leave. A roll down the field and a bump start was needed. Hope to get out again soon.

Allan

Thanks all for a great afternoon :t-up: ... and all those who arrived early at the Flouch left with pockets full of stainless washers and m5/m6 nuts and bolts  :angel-emoticon: you should have seen us all collecting them  :laugh:

• Like 1

Aye Marcus, I've added loads to my collection :-)

Good to see  everyone here today and sorry if we didn't introduce ourselves as we were making sure we were first in the queue for the burgers and chips.

Barry

PS The chips were lovely!

Thanks all for a great afternoon :t-up: ... and all those who arrived early at the Flouch left with pockets full of stainless washers and m5/m6 nuts and bolts  :angel-emoticon: you should have seen us all collecting them  :laugh:

Glad you cleared that up....  I was wondering what was happening, I was worrying it was fetish for collecting small stones from car parks

• Like 1