Royal desiderata festival of speed

Gary Taylor

Cars cleaned fuelled and ready for meeting David at 6am on the lecht, whoopee leave here at 5.30 already apologised to the neighbours :)

It's getting very dark n cloudy .......

Not sure how many of us going but hopefully a good day even if soggy

Nae long home left at 5.30 this morning in the dark and rain. Met David and James at the Lecht car park in the rain and mist but as we headed east the weather improved turning into a lovely day. We had a good run home in short sleeves with Les (seight) and his son Jamie (rx8? Sorry)David and James left us at Tomintoul and Les and Jamie left me at Dufftown for a run home over the Cabrach

All in a good day with good friends good craic and some great cars

ok for the benefit of mr impatient :)

here are a few pics of a wee clan gathering the car park behind us soon filled up, 

IMG 0550

leaving home

IMG 0551

wet n misty lecht

IMG 0552

IMG 0555

a wee clan gathering

IMG 0556

IMG 0562

a posh venue

• Like 2

Awww bless.....it looks like you are the only ones there.

I bet you went on the wrong day and the bottom picture is from a previous year.  :d

Nice meeting you guys today, made to feel very welcome. Fantastic weather, great company and some superb cars, perfect day really,

2016-08-21%2011.04.30.jpg

CJ

• Like 1

Yes good to meet up and hope you had a good run home

And NO we were not alone just making sure wscc was in a prime spot :)

• Like 1

As Gary has said, a great day out (even though we were up at 4am to leave at 4:45 and meet with Gary at 6am). Met up with old friends and made new ones all in one great day. I'm sure we must be able to have another meet before the season's over?

Cheers everybody and thanks to Campbell for arranging things for us.

David

Appreciate the effort David, James and Gary made to come to RDFS. Was a bit of a let down with our " club pitch" but as the very heavy rain the previous night made access to the main car club area very difficult to the extent a tractor was being used to pull cars etc in. Anyway we set up in a good spot in the main car park and the sun came out. Ended up a great day and thanks to Alastair for the use of his Gazebo.......next year your Westfield WILL be there. As said met some new Westie owners who joined us. Cheers to all who attended.

• Like 2

This was the first time I have attended a WSCC event and was pleased to have had the opportunity to meet up with and exchange experiences with like minded people. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and for making my day so enjoyable. Hopefully I will be able to join you all again but next time in my Westfield! Special thanks to Campbell for co-ordinating the event locally.

• Like 2

Cracking photo's in the fog & hats off not many of us would have turned out in that sort of weather  :)

• Like 1

Haha the photo in the mist and the next one in the glorious sun was about 30mins and 30ish miles apart just on the other side of the hills from here

Never managed to get there, but my grandson supported the day and visited the WSCC Scottish Stand… :d no freebies he said... :(

lewis_zpspikwxwq7.jpg

• Like 2