Lidl Vernier Digital caliper. Thursday August 25th.

TableLeg

Got one a while back from Maplins I think as we didn't have a Lidl at the time (though I've now seen similar at Aldi as well)

As mentioned, a great piece of kit to have in your toolbox and I have found it invaluable on many occasions - especially during my recent engine rebuild :) .

I don't know why though, but I've found that removing the battery completely appears to make them last longer when not in use (though they all have auto power off)

I have two versions a very expensive water and dust proof mitutoyo vernier and a cheap old Aldi one the mitutoyo battery lasts about a month the Aldi one I never turn off and I've only changed the battery once lol

Got one a while back from Maplins I think as we didn't have a Lidl at the time (though I've now seen similar at Aldi as well)

As mentioned, a great piece of kit to have in your toolbox and I have found it invaluable on many occasions - especially during my recent engine rebuild :) .

I don't know why though, but I've found that removing the battery completely appears to make them last longer when not in use (though they all have auto power off)

That is true Colin. I have had one for a while and because it used up batteries at a prodigious rate, I measured the current draw both ON and OFF. There was almost no difference. Maplin replaced mine and the new one was identical. It is a good tool but the battery drain thing would stop me from buying another.