Horsepower at the Hall - Newark Showground 21/8/16 1 til 5

AndrewBClarke

The regular get together of cars of all types will take place at Newark Showground on the 21st August. £2 per car entry. Food stalls, ice cream vans, tea & coffee etc. Normally a well attended get together of people with the same interests. If anybody would like to join us you would be very welcome. Can either meet there or if interest is shown, I will arrange a Westfield get together before the event so we can arrive in convoy! More information on facebook - Horsepower at the Hall.

Hi ABC

We will be back off holiday by then and are hoping to come to this with you. See what the weather forecast is and we can sort out a meeting point nearer the time perhaps.

See you then

Glen and Julie

• Like 1

Julie - Russ put a note on the last Horsepower at Hall saying that he might like to come to the next one. Don't know how to get hold of him. Can you? PS Another holiday?

PM'd Russ

• Like 1

Got some friends over this weekend but will try to head across once they've gone :)

How about we meet at MacDonalds NG24 2DB on the A1/A46 roundabout at 12.30 so we can arrive in convoy?

Yep - see you there. PS What footwear are you going to be driving in?

Also meet at McDonalds Barlbrough at 11.30 where we are meeting Big Andy, Debbie, Martyn and Sue.

My right trainer is just about dry so I will be wearing them again. It has taken 2 days to dry out the doors, roof and carpets, blinking Welsh rain, blinking M56.

We met at McDonalds number 1 for the very boring drive down the A1 to meet Andrew and Clare at McDonalds number 2 in Newark.

DSC08566_zpspczmzvim.jpg

I will say it before anyone else does, I took us on a lap of honour around the McD's car park, expecting it to be bigger than it actually was. We made the very short journey to Newark Showground for the Horsepower at the Hall car show.

DSC08567_zps2iuu4lhc.jpg

DSC08572_zpssdkjxchd.jpg

It was a hot, sunny afternoon with plenty of meaty cars on show and the company was top notch. Although the driving is garbage I feel we will keep returning to this event as the positives outweigh the negatives. Thank you to all for coming along.

Next weekend we will be going to Curborough Sprint Course to watch the Speed Series on the Saturday and then it is Oulton Park, Gold Cup on Sunday and Monday, I have ordered the heat wave.

• Like 1