Anglesey track day - Mon 12th September

TAFKARM

I'm doing Anglesey on 12th September with open track if any body fancies it. 

Free camping at the circuit so will probably stay over Sunday and Monday nights. 

Not many places left and I've heard its an awesome circuit. 

It's a great circuit Russ, but if camping beware the strong winds! Camped two nights there last weekend, and Saturday night was horrendous.. must admit we dont have the strongest of tents, but the score was Anglesey wind 1, sleep 0 :laugh:

• Like 1

Normally wind INSIDE the tent thats my issue :)

I think a bit of inside wind would have helped keep my tent inflated! It was blowing down flat and battering my head! ..Cheapo hoop type thing.. :laugh:

(There's a nice Anglesey race vid in my sig strip below if you want a feel for which way it goes. .. Coastal circuit )

• 4 weeks later...

They don't noise test or they didn't a couple of months ago, awesome circuit.

Bob

Yeah don't worry about the static test, it's in the A*** end of nowhere and you're very unlikely to trip the 105 drive-by... I must have been there a dozen times and never seen anyone pulled for noise.

Whats the best corner to practice my trail braking Adam?

I'd say Peel... There's a crest coming over Rocket that properly screws you if you get it wrong!

The Banking is good too, but it's cambered so throws your spidey senses off a little while learning.

Ah, yes, definitely. A bit slower than Peel so more time to get to grips with it :t-up:

:laugh: I had the same experience there on my first race weekend. You'll still enjoy today, just might need the odd coffee for the way back...