Delta Flight Delay

Kevin (Mr T)

We (myself, the wife, young daughter, elder daughter and elder daughter's boyfriend) suffered a 10 hour delay at JFK on our way to Jamaica. Apparently, they didn't have a pilot available who could do international flights.

I understand the EU rules on the scale for compensation based on distance/length of delay, but don't know what the situation is with a US carrier taking off from an American airport.

Wouldn't normally worry, other than we lost a full afternoon and evening at out all inclusive resort (food, drink and beach time), arriving there at midnight, rather than 2.30pm.

Any thoughts?

Not sure but knowing Delta, I predict a voucher of some amount only applicable to a future off-peak Delta flight to a hub location within the continental USA. Just a prediction, sorry, got nothing else. Worth a try though, good luck!

• Like 1

Not sure but knowing Delta, I predict a voucher of some amount only applicable to a future off-peak Delta flight to a hub location within the continental USA. Just a prediction, sorry, got nothing else. Worth a try though, good luck!

Had an email after the initial 2 hour delay Scott.

Offered a £150 voucher as described (£30 each!), which I declined. Didn't see any point in accepting, as it's been 28 years since I was last in the US.

Assuming I survive another 28 years, I doubt £30 would get me very far in 2044 :)

Be optimistic , I read somewhere that with Brexit the future value of the pound will become mighty and squish the US dollar into oblivion  :)

• Like 1

Wouldn't worry too much Kev about the lost food & drink, you'll soon make up for it as it's all free and available for 20 hours of the day.

Wouldn't worry too much Kev about the lost food & drink, you'll soon make up for it as it's all free and available for 20 hours of the day.

I did my best Bernie! :barf:

Did you pay for any part of the flight on a credit card? If so give them a call and see what they say. Same with your holiday/travel insurance.