Build threads and spotted section

CosKev

Morning,

Would a build threads seperate area be better than using the tech questions area?

Also wold a 'spotted' area be a good idea for Westfields you see on your travels? :)

there is a build threads section at the top of the start line section but ive always thought it could maybe be a bit more easy to find.

maybe at teh top of the tech talk section as it is a tech talk matter but maybe not the general thread matter if you catch my drift

there is a build threads section at the top of the start line section but ive always thought it could maybe be a bit more easy to find.

maybe at teh top of the tech talk section as it is a tech talk matter but maybe not the general thread matter if you catch my drift

Ah yeah never seen that :)

But I mean a seperate section for just build threads,so they are not put in the tech section as they are now?

Builds need to be in a separate section IMO. Its important.

Spotted does not 'cos it's not.

Why does it need to be important?

Plenty of stuff on forums is not important to different people.

Build threads could be a useful section as its something that builders will refer to regularly - but we do need to be careful not to make the forum too fragmented.

I'll see what the consensus is on it though.

Build threads could be a useful section as its something that builders will refer to regularly - but we do need to be careful not to make the forum too fragmented.

Agreed on all fronts.  The most I'd be prepared to look at would be a "Build Threads" sub-forum inside a main forum, rather like we have sub-forums for Westfields and other vehicles under Cars For Sale.  The question would then be which forum - Start Line or Tech Talk?

Finally, someone would have to do a search and find all the build threads so an Admin can move them...

*looks around*

Ah CosKev, since it was your idea, you'd be put in charge of finding all the build threads. :t-up:

As far as a "spotted" area goes... no.  At most, a pinned thread in Stuff and Nonsense.  IMHO, of course.

• Like 1

Finally, someone would have to do a search and find all the build threads so an Admin can move them...

already done :) with the pinned build threads post :p I think I'm only missing the most recent ones from the last couple of weeks

already done :) with the pinned build threads post :p I think I'm only missing the most recent ones from the last couple of weeks

Shhhhh... I know, I know, just wanted to see someone else work! :d

Personal opinion only, but...

I strongly dislike separate build thread sections in the way I strongly dislike separate build blogs, (though I appreciate people do like them).

The trouble is traffic; all to often no one but new builders and the tumbleweed visit these sections.

In Tech Talk, build threads are commonly checked out by builders long since finished on their own builds, either just perusing technical stuff at random, or looking for specific answers to their own issues.

In the past this has saved new builders much pain and heartache, when an experienced eye has seen something amiss in a photograph and advised accordingly - a classic is seeing top front wishbones in upside down, leading to reversed front castor.

The index of build threads is a great idea, thanks to Smokey originally setting it out.

Spotted, sections, I like the spotted stuff, but historically such posts have been a trigger for, ahem, much merriment and leg pulling!

Personal opinion only, but...

I strongly dislike separate build thread sections in the way I strongly dislike separate build blogs, (though I appreciate people do like them).

!

Must admit, I tend to check most recent posts, so wherever a topic is put, it's there to see....

Not fussed either way to sub-divide sections though, so long as the location is easy to see and find!

Andy

Just to add to the discussion ........ Spotted or generally a photo section would be useful, I know there is a gallery section(I'll come back to this thing) but I don't mind taking photos of club meets etc and I do generally add them to the post for the meeting but I do like looking at images

Going back to the gallery bit, it's not browsable..........and would be good to have a photo section for passing on the quiet winter nights .....

• Like 1