Skuzzle motorsport recommendation

iowlee

Well I have just treated the Westfield to it's first Dyno tuning session in my ownership.

Skuzzle, best known for their MX5 work, were recommended to me by a friend who had recently used them. Not being based that far from the Isle of Wight (Winchester) I thought that I would give them a go.

Not the best day to drive the Westfield today weather wise, but I suppose it needs to get wet on occasions. I was genuinely surprised at how much the Aeroscreen protected me.

We had a few hiccups, such as the current map being passcode protected, and neither myself or the previous owner knowing the code! It was supplied and mapped at JRE (A little hard to get hold of right now) Then the knob box didn't want to fully function with the ECU. 

Anyway those issues were overcome with loads of phone calls and fiddling/fettling. Thanks also go to DTA as their technical guys were spot on, could not fault their service one bit.

Nick could just as easy have said, take it away and come back when you have the things sorted but, no, he managed to persist and get me a result that I was happy with.

A car that doesn't hopefully drink so much fuel, it was running a little (a lot) rich. Also a car that doesn't scare the little old ladies on the Isle of Wight with it's rather loud banging on over run.

It also starts now without needing the throttle tickling and fingers crossing. Or resorting to threatening it with Easy start

Any way power curve now much healthier and he even managed to free up a few extra ponies as well.

If you are in the south of England and want to have a dyno session, highly recommend Nick at Skuzzle Motorsport.

http://www.skuzzle.com/motorsport/

FYI   C20XE engine, DTA S40 ECU

I have used Nick on more than one occasion now and he is really very good, nothing is too much trouble and he knows his stuff

Glad you had a similar experience

• Like 1

Hi Gary, he did say that he had had another westfield in. I guessed with an MX5 engine.

The Dyno has now moved, it is now in the left unit, I believe it used to be in the main workshop.

First time I have met them both and I am sure it won't be the last.

Lee

Nick has done all my mapping too and recently fettled with mooch's for good measure. Did you have a look at the sr2 he's building?

Nick has done all my mapping too and recently fettled with mooch's for good measure. Did you have a look at the sr2 he's building?

The red one?

Very happy with my upgrade from Skuzzle.  Hasn't missed a beat including a 600+ mile jaunt to Le Mans and lots of horses unleashed!  Both Blink and Skuzzle have built up great reputations with the Mazda SDVers, and it's helpful to have one of them up north and one down south.  

Just don't use their loo.... ;)

I did but only needed a wee so, all good, just don't look down.  :oops:

I did but only needed a wee so, all good, just don't look down.  :oops:

Made the one in Trainspotting look quite delightful!

Made the one in Trainspotting look quite delightful!

If the need was desperate, it is definitely a hover job :laugh: