Silverstone Classic - Chairman's Thanks

Captain Colonial

What can I say,

WOW.

What a weekend. I'm still deaf from cars and rock music.

Scott you are the man. To you and all that helped, thank you so much.

What an incredible fun-packed weekend, making so many new friends and such a variety of events and things to do.

Both Amanda and I enjoyed every moment, and I'm certain we will be returning next year.

Thank you to all involved and especially those who helped make this happen.

• Like 2

I can only echo the sentiments expressed in the previous posts, fantastic weekend with the icing on the cake of the parade lap. Thank you to all those organising the our attendance at such a great event and yes we should do it again. I have posted some pics/video on a thread in the members area that show many of the cars and people on the parade lap.

Good to meet some new westfield owners, particularly Russell and a couple of Martin's  :laugh: Hope to see you again soon  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind comments - it's great to see you all enjoyed it so much!  Looks like we'll just have to do it all over again next year! :t-up:

Provisional dates for the 2017 Silverstone Classic are 21-23 July, which I'll put into the forum calendar, but we'll keep you informed towards the end of the year. :)

• Like 4

This was the first  Westfield event we have attended with my wife's car as we only got it recently. It was such great fun and I thought she was going to explode with excitement before the parade lap. Yes we used the air horns and she lit up the back end on a few occasions too! :)

Everyone was so friendly and we got so many hints and tips, big thanks to Julie(One careful lady owner) for making Gail(Only the 2nd female owner she has met) feel so welcome.

I cant thank you all enough and we look forward to many more events to come. :yes:

Ali and Gail

• Like 2

I saw Gail waiting in the car on the grid - she had a grin a mile wide and was hopping up and down with gleeful anticipation, without knowing anyone was watching her. It made me almost as happy as she was - sometimes this job has priceless rewards. :)

• Like 2

Yes fantastic time

So near to being turned away on parade lap twice

One steward said 'nice try but it's westie so only mate'

But we got on and for a car that had not done one mile or been out of second it performed almost faultlessly

Well you have to remember to put the choke in !!!!!

• Like 1