Cromford Steam Rally. Sat 6 Aug, Peak District

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at Artist Corner Car Park, Matlock, DE4 3PS, 9.30 am for the 4 mile journey to the Steam Fair. There are toilets at the car park.

Entrance is £10. I have asked if we can display our cars but the car show section is full at this late stage so, like last year, we will have our own display in the next field, public parking. If you join us later look for the WSCC flag.

Apart from the obvious steam engines there are cars, buses, motorcycles, heavy haulage, tractors and all the usual fair entertainment. Camping is available, there is a beer tent and live rock/pop music in the evening.

If the weather is bad this may get moved on a day to Sunday 7th August, same time, same place so stay posted.

Anybody joining us?

We'll be in Oxford packing as we are set to complete on Rob and Tricia's house on the 12th. Should still be OK for Ashover Show.

Luke.

sorry I'm darn sarf with the ankle biters on holiday.  Have a good one

Sorry Julie I'm still out of action at the mo..plan to with you soon tho:)

Ben & Nat

Not going to make this one....... Off to donnington on Saturday...... Customer relations and Sunday off on holiday ........ Catch up soon

• Like 1

We will be leaving Tamworth around 8.30 if anyone want to join us? See you in the morning  :)

See you all in the morning, hot sun forecast all day  :t-up:

Hope everyone else has a good day and we will catch up with you soon.

Gareth, you were missed today, I had to take all my own photographs, sorry folks but you will have to put up with my pointy clicky snap jobs.

Martyn and Sue and Alan met us at Matlock

DSC08412_zpsrro2mfhl.jpg

We took the short journey to the Steam Rally and made our own show in the public car park. A maximum of 160 cars are allowed to show and last year 200 cars turned up, there is an age restriction so I really don't think we will progress from this stage for a few years.

DSC08413_zpsjmivrotj.jpg

We spent all day there, saw Luke briefly and were one of the last day visitors to leave, which made for another good photo opportunity. We were all still buzzing from the Silverstone weekend and the parade lap so it was good to re-live our moments together.

DSC08430_zpsovf2ljos.jpg

Alan stayed on with some of his friends while Martyn/Sue and us set off in opposite directions back home. As it was such a lovely evening Glen suggested we call

for a pint or two in a country pub before making the final 3 miles home.

The Red Lion, Stanage

DSC08431_zpsw0sygimi.jpg

This was yet again a really good event and the company was fantastic, roll on next year.

More photo's to follow

DSC08425_zpskvxgayvs.jpg

DSC08427_zpsvieb5nqa.jpg

DSC08428_zpsmq9xlly8.jpg

DSC08429_zpsg2pwpdlv.jpg

2 horsepower that one

DSC08426_zpsmkc8wdsp.jpg

• Like 1

DSC08424_zpskttbnxyr.jpg

DSC08423_zpswcmxtxhz.jpg

DSC08421_zpsqbvdz9mg.jpg

DSC08419_zpsjdqw7qsx.jpg

DSC08418_zpsuoov0qeg.jpg

DSC08417_zps0ldouawm.jpg

DSC08416_zpscmeumjgq.jpg

DSC08415_zpsyhgrs7yg.jpg

Great set of images ...... But I must admit, donnington wasn't my cup of tea...... Motorbikes don't do it for me let alone 'unsilenced' vintage things!! With the additional of a straight motorway run there and back without a shotgun just tipped me over the edge lol

• Like 1