On Your Marks, Bruntingthorpe. 6th August

noggin

A little heads-up to this event at Bruntingthorpe on 6th August 2016.

I've been along to this for the last four years and there's no way I'm missing it this year.

There are lots of activities like motorcycle display, fun fair and aeroplanes but the best attraction is on the track.

They invite car clubs to come along and give passenger rides round the track. Guests can buy a ticket for five pounds which entitles them to a ride. You can have as many rides as you like but it gets busy in the afternoon and  there can be a wait.

There was a selection of clubs last year like GTR Owners, WRX Owners, VX220s, Mustangs and a few general clubs with a huge selection of cars. There's always a few Westfields and Caterhams. In fact it was at this event that I had my first ride in a Westfield and swore that one day I'll have one of my own. Four years later and I have my Westy.

I've had rides in a Lamborginni Countach, Caterham R500, Noble M12, Lotus Exige S, Aston Martin V12 Vantage, AC Cobra replica, a 500hp GTR, a 450hp Scooby and lots of others I can't remember. There's been an Ultima GTR there every time and I still havn't managed a ride in that yet. Maybe this year.

http://www.on-your-marks.info/

Been myself a few times with TVR car club, a great day out.

We should approach the organisers with a view to attending as a club next year, great fun and great exposure for the club.

• Like 1

The web site says its not open to the general public so how do you become an invited guest ?

The web site says its not open to the general public so how do you become an invited guest ?

I didn't see that on the website at the time of posting. I got an invite for the first year but after that  I've just rolled up, paid my tenner and got in everytime. I only live two miles from Bruntingthorpe so It's no big deal if I get refused.

Mods  - Can you delete this thread. I wouldn't want people going and not getting in. Thanks

Just got through my driver passes, but this year the rules will kill the event.

No driver is allowed to take a child unless they bring a CRB certificate - otherwise parent has to be in the car at the same time.

If the kids can't have a ride there'll be more rides for the adults!!

So they want someone to bring a copy of their criminal record - that's what a CRB is! I have been cleared for work with children and vulnerable people but I wouldn't show my record to some bloke at a charity event!

@mattt  Are you driving with a club? How did you get to be a driver there? I thought this might be a good opportunity for some of us in WSCC to join in next year.

Through a bloke on PH - but his 'club' is something different.

In all honesty I wouldn't bother with it in a Westfield again, the layout is a power track with very few corners, and you just get bullied/stone peppered by GTRs etc.

If there was a handling track then it would be a different proposition.

• Like 1

Pretty busy at Bruntingthorpe this morning. There were no restrictions on entry. They were letting everyone in without checking anything. A tenner and away you go!

eta. There's another all day event called 'Petrolheads' at Bruntingthorpe next weekend.