Hello from Belgium

Westfield_MX5

Frank from Belgium, have posted on this forum for a short while, many years ago (about 2007/8 I believe).  

I built a MX5 SDV back in 2008/2009 and have had a lot of fun with it.  Unfortunately I totaled the car in 2015 and decided to rebuild it. The kit is a MX5 SDV again, but this time with the FW body.

I have already rebuilt it, but I thought it'd be nice to make a build thread about it :).  The Tech Talk section is probably best to post?

Edited by Westfield_MX5
  • Like 1

Howdee Frank.    I'm often going past Herentals on the E34 or E313 to see the German arm of my family.  Sadly never into Herentals itself, I'm sure it's a nice Belgium town.

• 1 year later...

Good evening Frank

Interesting to see your postings here on the site. Sorry to hear about your accident, but it seems that you are up and running again. As a pretty much 'non-mechanic' I admire what you are able to do. Recently bought a SEiW - XE redtop from UK (I am british by the way) - but have lived in Luik since 33 years now. Even though it's getting a bit cooler (I don't mind that one bit) - I thought maybe we could meet up one day, just to say hello, maybe a beer and compare vehicles. I'm looking for some "intuition" on the best way to get around Belgian red tape as regards to registering a vehicle even probably no problem for you in Flanders.

I am not really sure how this site works.....hope you get the message - if you want to send me an SMS I think my number is on my profile. Would prefer to hide it but can't even manage that !

Anyway - maybe I'll hear from you, maybe not - whatever, keep up your good restoration.

Regards

IMG_0711.JPG

Mick, you're doing well, you've posted a photo, so crossed a lot of folks first "fear" off the list.

NO ONE but you and the administration team can see your mobile number, or your address, so please don't delete them, or the club could shave no way of contacting you in an emergency.

The panel on the left hand side of the screen in your own posts, just below your username and your picture, shows personal information to YOU only, this is so you can check it and make sure it's always correct.

Otherwise, other members only see on your profile, the same sort of details you see on theirs! (Some, like location and car details are optional, you can give vague details - always better than nothing when some one tries to help in a technical thread, or nothing at all. The choice is yours).