Electronic Fuel Gauge Regulator

AndrewBClarke

How about using something like an Arduino to read the fuel tank sender and output to the gauge with a 1 minute delay?

• Like 1

i fitted the Spiyda one on my car - its been great since - the issues i had were

1. erratic gauge needle movement [fuel slosh causing needle bounce]

2. needle got to half way then plummeted much faster so wasn't travelling from full to empty at a constant rate

issue 1 was resolved by the fuel gauge box of magic by Spiyda design - it slows down the reaction of the needle so it moves much slower - and works really well now

issue 2 was the sender - measure the fuel tank from top to bottom, half it - that measurement should be the where the fuel gauge senders float arm has its pivot point - then adjust the length of the float arm - the pivot is crucial as it helps the movement be more accurate.

they also have an option to add a low fuel warning light with a daughter board add on [bout 20 quid?] just pushes in to the main pcb in the box after removal of jumper.

the fuel gauge wizard as the kits called allows to adjust the needle on the gauge to however you want it to sit on the marks on the gauge and allows you to set where the low fuel warning light activates, so if you want it to come on at one gallon - no problem. or the needle over shoots either end of the white marks - no problem - just adjust it to suit. cant recommend it enough - stopped a lot of headaches and brought it up to working like most tin top gauges do

Tex, I could do with something like the system you mention from Spiyda.

What sort of sender and gauge are you using?

VDO if i remember right, buy the wizard first set it up, then the daughter board option