Loton Park 27/8/16 Weekend

graham frankland

Ha ha! To be fair they're slightly confusing stickers!!

Terry

Can you ASAP list for me please the dates and venues of the 8 wet runs we have had this year?

Many thanks

Graham

They are

Gurston Down

Anglesey International (May)

Mira1

Barbon

Anglesey National 2 lap (June)

Shelsley Walsh

Loton

Loton

They are

Gurston Down

Anglesey International (May)

Mira1

Barbon

Anglesey National 2 lap (June)

Shelsley Walsh

Loton

Loton

Can someone make a summary about how the "wet" rule works? Regarding MIRA1

Cant understand why Craig Spooner, Or davi james (to say something)  Class C and F  in experts,  are with 100 and 101 points being two seconds slower than me, and having an initial target time lower than mine, and me being only 96.xx

Was the conversion well done?

So:

Class  F. Initial target time 49.09.  Recalculated to 57.17 100 Points for David wit a 57.17.

Class C. initial target time 49.52   Recalculated to 57.68 101 For Craig with a 56.54

Class B1. Initial target time 49.90 Recalculated to 53.84 (why??) 96.79 Points with 55.57!!!

Please, I would like to ask a revision for the novice classe. I'm convinced is wrong. Following what I understand now about target times,  I should have 100 points and steven carpenter 101

I would agree there is an error.

Assuming for the wet rule novices and experts are joined together then Pete was closest to his target and then Barny

I think that you should have 97.9 points with a revised target time of 54.42

The regs specify that is by class... So in each class the second scores 100 points and is establishing the new target time in the clas?

sorry to wake up now with this... Regulations are a bit confusing for me, and I haven't realised since now...

Well maybe I'm missing something. I just want to understand how it works... But however.. if I have to be faster than an expert in a more competitive class to have less points I don't really see the logic or the maths applied that is why I'm asking...

I am sorry guys but you are wrong

The Westfield classes are analysed and actual times compared to the class target time. These figures are the used to determine who was the closest in percentage terms to the target time. The person who was second ( in terns of percentage difference to their target time) sets the standard to increase the original target times

As an example if the second fastest guy sets the target and was 11% slower than his target then all classes have their target times increased by 11%

I will look at the MIRA calculations( all "wet " rule 1.6e calcs are done manually by me and checked on a spreadsheet by Tigger

I am sorry guys but you are wrong

The Westfield classes are analysed and actual times compared to the class target time. These figures are the used to determine who was the closest in percentage terms to the target time. The person who was second ( in terns of percentage difference to their target time) sets the standard to increase the original target times

As an example if the second fastest guy sets the target and was 11% slower than his target then all classes have their target times increased by 11%

I will look at the MIRA calculations( all "wet " rule 1.6e calcs are done manually by me and checked on a spreadsheet by Tigger

Ok. So, assuming that novices and experts are going toguether... what is totally wrong is the Expert class (that is what have confused me) novices are about right (and i think nether)... seems that other random target times were used when changing the spreatsheet from novices to experts?¿ 

If experts and novices are separated(it should be, being a different championship?), is incorrect.

Edit. So that are my assumptions in any case are about right? (interesting for me to at least understand the rule)

assumption1

assumltion2

hope you right  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

A detailed check has now been made of the complex rule 1.6e events mentioned above. In 6 of the events there are no changes required apart from some scores for class J2. I have to advise competitors that the Gurston Down event and Mira 1 have an error which requires correction and will affect the points scored. The recheck of the complex calculations has meant that the target times for all Expert and Novice classes at  these two events has to be reset and Tigger hopes to do this asap (maybe even tonight if he has time). Please check the scores and inform myself or Tigger if you have concerns.

The process for calculating "Wet" rule 1.6e target times is as follows:

All class J times are excluded from the calculations.

Each competitors best time is divided by the original target time. The person who is second fastest, in percentage terms compared to their original target time sets the baseline or multiplier for the increased target time. As an example, if this person was 15% slower than the original target then all class target times are increased by 15% and the points are calculated as normal.

Terry

Please can you clarify this.  Does this mean excluded from the threshold for the wet event to be triggered and also in determining who was second fastest?

Are J times not adjusted for wet ?

All class J times are excluded from the calculations.

Can you confirm that novice and expert times are treated as one for the calculation?

is this up or down tel

David

You are correct that class J times are not adjusted for WET ( or 1.6e conditions) and are not included in the calculations as to who is second quickest

Experts and Novices are treated as one but obviously use their own class targets